OK, I'm an idiot...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA57

Reaction score
I try not to do dumb things and sometimes I even succeed. This time though, I didn't. I leaned the topper for my pickup truck against my workshop wall at an angle that I thought would be safe enough for it not to flip over. WRONG!!!! The wind got hold of it and the next day I happened to be out there and there the topper was laying upside down on the concrete pad. And it had cracked up at the top left corner. When I put in on the truck the next time I could see that the window gapped away from the side of the topper. Does anybody know if this can be fixed or do I just chalk it up to experience? Here's a couple of pictures of the damage.

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• Gap in topper small.jpg
    Gap in topper small.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 348
  • Crack in topper small.jpg
    Crack in topper small.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 348
I'm pretty sure that it can be fixed but it probably won't be cheap and there will more than likely be one heck of a strengthening patch remaining on the inside after the fix.

If you don't fix it, it will more than likely continue to migrate toward the cab of the truck.

It can be fix but you need someone with good knowledge of epoxy and fiberglass.The top will need to be jigged to keep it square and in alignment.Then the cracks will need to be ground into a shallow large bowl shape from the inside and built up with fiberglass mat and epoxy.Then a layer of cloth to reinforce it all.Then prep and paint.

Drill a hole where the crack ends that will keep it from getting longer.

Thanks guys. I was just trying to save some space on the pad. My Son in Law has his Jeep parked there and I've got 2 utility trailers parked on it as it is. Plus, with my boat trailer coming in, our Popup and another trailer that my wife is going to be bringing in to sell vegatables out of, it's getting real crowded back there on the 20' X 26' piece of concrete.

Patch it with duct tape, and sell it on Craigslist. Take the $ from that and what the repair cost would be, and buy a new one..

Latest posts