asking for help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dturner

Reaction score
i posted this in the jet outboard section, but i just wanted everyone that would, please help us.

The National Park Service is trying to implement a new Management Plan for Current River in souther Missouri. I have been boating on this river since I was old enough to stand on my two feet. They are trying to take the boats off this river and make it a natural area. They are going to close down roads and make it a walk in area only with no motorized boats. If I could get anyone and everyone who would write a little letter, just a sentence or two, and show support of keeping the boating tradition alive, i would greatly appreciate it.

Send to:
DENVER SERVICE CENTER – M L MCVEIGH
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
12795 WEST ALAMEDA PARKWAY
PO BOX 25287
DENVER CO 80225

Thank you

I am willing to help but give me more details so I can write a proper letter. What parts of teh river are you talking about and what is the plan (number of the bill) that I am opposing?

Do you have a link maybe?

Captain Ahab said:
I am willing to help but give me more details so I can write a proper letter. What parts of teh river are you talking about and what is the plan (number of the bill) that I am opposing?

Do you have a link maybe?

same here!

The section of the river is the upper and middle sections of the river. Between akers ferry and van buren. The plans that they intend to change is the General Management Plan. Preliminary Alternatives.

https://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkID=158&projectId=15793&documentID=27597

then hit the link to newletter 3

there is a no action alternative, and 3 action alternatives.

the alternative a and b will reduce horsepower to 25. I am a family guy and i cant take my family up river with a 25 hp motor. we currently have a 40 hp limit and with a jet pump it reduces the horsepower down to 28-30hp. If they allow these plans it will reduce to value of my boat, incurage me to sell it, and keep me from having family days of fishing and fun on the river.

thanks again for all support.

Latest posts