ebay

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Just kinda venting.
Received my lures this week(all 8),they were in great shape(new).
The problem I have is with the shipping...two $10 and one $7 shipping fee.There wasn't one over $2.50,I know I live in Canada but man,it goes from a good deal to a alright thing,just because I can't get the lures here.
I always give positive feedback because I know the price(shipping)before I buy.
On the bright side that goby xrap is going for a swim real soon:) and if that doesn't work the clowns will follow.

Zum said:
Just kinda venting.
Received my lures this week(all 8),they were in great shape(new).
The problem I have is with the shipping...two $10 and one $7 shipping fee.There wasn't one over $2.50,I know I live in Canada but man,it goes from a good deal to a alright thing,just because I can't get the lures here.
I always give positive feedback because I know the price(shipping)before I buy.
On the bright side that goby xrap is going for a swim real soon:) and if that doesn't work the clowns will follow.

Zum, It might be cheaper for me to buy them and ship them to you?

That's the main reason that I don't buy much from ebay. Normally what might be an okay deal turns out to not be a deal at all of the gouging that goes on with the shipping nowdays.

a lot of times I'll find the stuff I'm looking for on ebay and find the best prices, then go to their actual web stores. Some times it's cheaper to buy from their actual website because they don't kill you on the shipping charges to make up for the costs on ebay

slim357 said:
so you bought 3 and paid 27 for shipping? If thats the case you might want to take jim up on his offer
Yup and it was still about the same price if I bought them here.The problem is we don't get the varity in colors and when you want a certain color,you have to have it.
I won two sets of 3 xr10 xraps for about $13.50
and one set of 2 for $8.50...so $22 for 8 lures and $27 dollars shipping.
One lure is $9 here plus 13% tax Canadian.
Anyways,I didn't do bad,just could of done better.

That offer by Jim is great.
He seems like a busy guy(with site/home/life) and other then this site he really doesn't know me, so he doesn't need to do that for me.
Jim,I do thank you for the offer though.

You should email them and alert them to the fact that over charging for shipping is against the TOS for ebay and is a bannable offense. I did this and received a partial refund. Another time they didnt, I alerted ebay, and they received a seller strike, and were prohibited from selling until all items in their store were accurately priced for shipping (2,000+ items), lol.

You should NEVER have to pay more for shipping, as if they want to charge more, that needs to be rfelcted in their item price.

Even if I agree to the shipping charge before hand?
The shipping charges,weren't a surprise...the surprise was when the lures came(3 diff. lots)the highest price was $2.54(shipping).
I thought they would of charged me alittle closer to the actual shipping price,thats all.3 and 4 times more was alittle much.

Zum said:
The shipping charges,weren't a surprise...the surprise was when the lures came(3 diff. lots)the highest price was $2.54(shipping).
I thought they would of charged me alittle closer to the actual shipping price,thats all.3 and 4 times more was alittle much.

Yep, its against TOS. They should not make money off shipping...but everyone does it.

Zum said:

Not trying to defend any ebay seller here but Shipping charges include more than just postage. It includes time to package(gotta pay someone to pack it), packaging material and time and fuel to take it to the post office/UPS Store/FedEx. I've paid $6.95 to have a $3.00 order shipped and when it got to me it was in a padded envelope with less than $1.00 postage. This was through a vendors web site and not through an auction site.

Popeye said:
Zum said:

Not trying to defend any ebay seller here but Shipping charges include more than just postage. It includes time to package(gotta pay someone to pack it), packaging material and time and fuel to take it to the post office/UPS Store/FedEx. I've paid $6.95 to have a $3.00 order shipped and when it got to me it was in a padded envelope with less than $1.00 postage. This was through a vendors web site and not through an auction site.

Good point.
I only bid to where I think i could get the lure(whatever),here.
I'd end up bidding more if the shipping was less.

Zum said:
Popeye said:
Zum said:

Good point.
I only bid to where I think i could get the lure(whatever),here.
I'd end up bidding more if the shipping was less.

I think it is more an issue of sellers over estimating cost or trying to compensate for paypal / ebay fees. In most cases it does not cost me over 50 cents (ink & lables) to mail packages.

Latest posts