Twitter...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Does anybody on here use Twitter?

I had no idea what it was until Friday when Todd from Wired2Fish said he put something on their twitter feed about me. I had to join, and now I've got people coming out of the woodworks wanting to follow me. I don't do much surfing except for this site, and just about any fishing site I can find, so I have no idea what twitter is really about..

So, with that being said - what the heck are people following me for on there? I haven't posted anything for 2 reasons - 1. I don't know how & 2. I have no idea what to put

oh boy... guess I won't be tweeting too much. I did put a tinboats.net post out... maybe some people will see it and drop in

I haven't requested to follow anyone... so far there are a few mom-n-pop custom bait shops, Vicious Fishing, and Wired2Fish, Gemini and some other places like that have requested to follow... but I think it's more or less free advertisement for them.

This might actually work to my benefit though. I don't throw too many name brand plastics, I like throwing something a little different, so customs are usually what I'm using - and it pays off here where I fish because I'm almost certain no one is throwing the same thing as me unless I tell them... which I don't mind doing either - even to guys in my bass club

Being a technology guy you would think I would be all over stuff like Twitter, but I get enough of the internet work. At home I just want to surf for fishing related stuff and that's it.

poolie said:
Being a technology guy you would think I would be all over stuff like Twitter, but I get enough of the internet work. At home I just want to surf for fishing related stuff and that's it.

Thats the same thing my wife said about me... I can fix just about anything and know a lot about electronics just from my military training... but when it comes to things like Facebook, myspace or twitter - I just don't really get into it. I for some reason don't care to have people knowing what I am doing every second of the day.

My wife on the other hand loves those websites (with the exception of Myspace...) I just see some of those sites causing problems - old flings, or whatever may be... I guess I only want people that I want to find me be able to; however, with the internet you can't hide for long

Twitter so far (my whole 2 days worth) is not bad... I've seen a lot of some good custom lures that I've bookmarked to use later down the road. It's amazing what a little added arm or tail can do to a bait and entice those big boys to bite... now I just need to find the big boys to bite. But I'm getting a lot more confident in my fishing by studying maps and Google Earth is my new best friend

russ010 said:
Twitter so far (my whole 2 days worth) is not bad... I've seen a lot of some good custom lures that I've bookmarked to use later down the road. It's amazing what a little added arm or tail can do to a bait and entice those big boys to bite... now I just need to find the big boys to bite. But I'm getting a lot more confident in my fishing by studying maps and Google Earth is my new best friend

Speaking of big boys... I'm beyond excited about a trip to lake Guntersville this coming weekend. My step bro called me last night and said he's planning to drive over Friday after work get a hotel close to the lake and be on the water at first light Saturday, did I want to go? I was like h$%# yea! I've heard that is an awesome lake. I kinda wish he'd waited till like Thursday to ask because that's all I can think about.

don't be afraid of 10" worms or some big profile baits... I'm jealous - but I've got a tourney this weekend at Carters

Twitter - No
MySpace - No
Facebook - Yes, but not for long

Most people use their cell phones to use Twitter, I can't text with mine so I just use e-mail. Most of the people that I know that have/had Twitter can access their e-mail via their cell phone (another thing mine doesn't do) so it works out the same for me.

Actually, my cell phone can access internet and text but me being the cheap person that I am have those services blocked. As a matter of fact, if I gave up going fishing in a boat, I would cancel my cell phone service completely.

I'm not using my cell phone for this stuff... I think I'm more or less going to promote websites like Tinboats and Wired2Fish... if bassaddict wants, I'll post a little about his products too

Next on the list to get promoted is BluewaterLED...

No Twitter, Facebook, or MySpace here either. Back in December I attended a GIS/GPS conference out of town and the guy sitting next to me in the computer lab was playing on his MySpace page :roll: while the instructor was teaching.

BassAddict said:
And no Russ I do not mind if you plug my baits now and then Thanks Man!

BA, if your ok with it, I'll give you a plug on my Facebook page as well. Let me know.

russ010 said:
Does anybody on here use Twitter?

I had no idea what it was until Friday when Todd from Wired2Fish said he put something on their twitter feed about me. I had to join, and now I've got people coming out of the woodworks wanting to follow me. I don't do much surfing except for this site, and just about any fishing site I can find, so I have no idea what twitter is really about..

So, with that being said - what the heck are people following me for on there? I haven't posted anything for 2 reasons - 1. I don't know how & 2. I have no idea what to put

This made me laugh. I've never been on twitter either, but I'm curious why you haven't shared what was written about you. C'mon.....share your glory man. :LOL2:

Latest posts