GOT IT!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
Well the deal went through. I got the boat, and it looks ok, I wasn’t expecting much for what he asked for. He had a 4hp Evinrude that he is throwing in with it; it’s an old 2 stroke that he hasn’t used in a few years so I am not sure what the condition of it is. As for the boat, the transom needs to be re-worked but other than that, it’s in good condition.

As I go along, I will keep up with what is going on here on the site and take pictures as I go. Just planning on getting her out on the water this year and then doing the re-ferb this coming winter.

Take care.

Wolf

By the way, Yes, this is my first boat, so if I ask some stupid questions, please bear with me.... :oops:

welcome aboard man - this site is full of knowledge to get you through just about anything you can come up with!

And it's great to have another GA boy on here!

Thanks everyone, Yes, I am looking forward to getting the boat home and starting work on it. I know the first thing I need to do is fix the transom. There are signs of a little rot there, but shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Been reading up on that and I hope that it goes fairly well.

To give you a little background on me, Yes, I live in GA, but haven’t live here until last year. I was born and raised in Colorado, and in my later teens joined the Navy, Well, 23 years later, I retire from the Navy, and get a job with an assembly plant just outside of Atlanta. I have to laugh; I always told my self that after I retired from the Nav, the last thing I would own is a boat, yet here I am. I didn’t want a massive boat and with mainly reservoirs around here, its not really a good choice, all I want is something big enough for me and my wife to go fishing in or just strolling around a lake or what have you for a nice day in the sun.

I have looked at some of the boats you all have pictures posted of on here, and would like to build mine the way I want it, not how the factory wants it. Also, I have this pride thing. I like doing things myself. Whether you like it or not, the fact is still that the boat is mine, and I built it with my two hands. “I know, not completely built” but you get the drift.

I also enjoy my motorcycles. Both my wife and I ride and I have done all the work to my bikes as well for the same reason. So that no one can claim credit for my bike(s).

Well that’s about it, I do look forward to chatting with you all and who knows, maybe I can get together with some of these GA boys on here, and I can learn a thing or two from them. So far it sound like there are some good guys on here and will listen to what you all that have been at this point have to say so that I can keep out of some trouble through getting the boat built.

Take care

Wolf.