Boat Ramps for Dummies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seen this many times in real life in Mass. It is nation wide. :LOL2:

How about a Brand new corvette towing 2 jet skis in the same situation but reverse. :shock:

How does stuff like this happen?I have never seen it in person.I have seen rigs slide back into the water, but never so far they can't drive out.

Come on...give the guy a break.
Just got alittle confused,maybe it's a dyslexia thing:)

Looks like the only reason they stopped is that the motor in the truck is totally under water. Man... that's stupid with zero's on the end. Even *I* know the boat goes in first.

they should have got a chevy :mrgreen:

thats one reason you ALWAYS set the parking break with an automatic weather you on a hill or not. the park paw in a tranny is only a little piece of metal with a spring and they do slip out frequently

looking closer, it seems that the hood is open, so maybe it was parked at the top of the hill and kicked out of park while he was out of the truck? you guys talk of seeing this often so i'm curious as to what leads up to it. i'm just hoping people never intentionally try to launch this way. the boat doesn't look like it belongs to someone out for their first time, so please help restore my faith in humanity and tell me that this is always the result of some kind of mechanical failure, and not a mental failure.

grizzly said:
looking closer, it seems that the hood is open, so maybe it was parked at the top of the hill and kicked out of park while he was out of the truck? you guys talk of seeing this often so i'm curious as to what leads up to it. i'm just hoping people never intentionally try to launch this way. the boat doesn't look like it belongs to someone out for their first time, so please help restore my faith in humanity and tell me that this is always the result of some kind of mechanical failure, and not a mental failure.

:LOL2:

Almost happened to me once...I was so excited to get to the lake, I jumped out of the truck after I backed the boat at the ramp...I forgot to put it in park. :shock:

I got close lined by my truck door. Thank The lord I was able to reach the brake with my left hand.

There was a Honda jet ski still strapped to the trailer sitting in KY Lake last Sunday afternoon with the lock still latched on the coupler.

The only thing we could figure was that the trailer came unchocked while sitting in the driveway or yard of the house and the whole thing just took off about 70 yards, jumped off of the 3' step in the bank and wound up in the lake. No idea whether the ski owners had discovered it yet or not. It's a vacation rental house with a dandy catfish hole under a slab of old concrete.... right next to where the ski wound up. :lol:

Jim said:
I was so excited to get to the lake

Sounds like myself, ready to get to the lake for some R&R but sometimes I forget to put the drain plug in, get the boat about 1/3 way in and think DOH!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts