I got ROBBED 2!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA57

Reaction score
Well, it happened to me now. When I got home yesterday, my wife told me that the neighbor 3 houses down from us had gotten his back yard shed broken into and had all his woodworking tools, chain saw, etc, stolen. I didn't think anything about it but later on in the evening I decided to go out back and check my garden shed. (We both have detached garages and a smaller shed further in the back of our yard. When I got back there the first thing I noticed was that my weedeater was gone - a brand new Ecdo PAS-265 which I had bought towards the end of the season last year. Used it about 4-5 times. I had also had a pressure washer back there too and it was gone also. We got to talking with some other neighbors and apparently it was a whole rash of people had gotten stuff stolen out of sheds that were out on the back of their properties. Funnily enough, I haven't gotten real upset about it. Nobody was hurt or apparently in any danger so I'm thankful for that...

Mike

Bummer man! Happened to me first day on the new job. I parked my car at the parking lot for the train. I come back and they broke into my truck and stole my GPS. I hope they used that to buy food.

Thieves stink. :x

Things are replacable, people are not.. I am glad nothing happened to you or family or neighbors. Is the insurance going to cover any of the items? Look at it this way, if they do, you get new tools! :)

Right before Halloween last year, there had been reports of young punks going through the neighborhood breaking into cars. Well, one night I forgot to lock my door and they got into my glovebox and stole my sons PSP and 10 games. I knew we should have brought that in the house but I use it as entertainment for him so he wont bother his little sister and brother when we go out.

Around that same time frame my wife and I heard something as our bedroom is over the backdoor to the garage. Sounded like someone jiggling the door handle. I told the wife to kick on the rear lights ( i can light up my backyard like a football stadium ) after counting 10 sec. after i go out the front door. When I got around there, the gate was shut and nothing out of the ordinary was noticed.

A few months later, I heard a ching sound what sounded like a chainlink fence gate ( we dont go to bed early and pretty late sometimes) I looked out the sunroom window when the wife kicked on the backyard lights but we didnt see anyone. They must have been up against the house. This time I ran down to the garage, grabbed a tie iron, and slowly unlocked the back door and jumped out swinging. I was gonna kick the $h!t out of who ever was back there. No one was seen. I went all over the yard looking and under the deck. The wife didnt see anyone go out the gate before I made it outside. I dont know if someone was really there or not. Since then we havent had any problems. knock on wood

Loggerhead Mike said:
sorry to hear that brother. put up a few signs on your fence / shed " shoot first, question later"

Either that or "Beware: pitbull with AIDS on premisis"

Check the local pawn shops. You would be surprised how stupid some of these thugs can be.

I had a buddy get his car broken into a couple of years ago. He found his digital camera at a local pawn shop a few days later and the idiots had recorded themselves on video on the camera sitting around their apartment talking about their string of thefts while smoking pot. It took the cops about 2 minutes to pick every one of them up. :lol:

Sorry to hear that Mike, here's what ya do

How to install a Southern home security system:
> >
> > 1. Go to the Goodwill Store and buy a pair of men's work boots, size
> > 14-16 (well used).
> >
> > 2. Place them on the front porch along with a copy of Gun and Ammo
> magazine.
> >
> > 3. Put a couple of BIG dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.
> >
> > 4. Leave a handwritten note on your door that reads:
> >
> > Hey Bubba!
> > Big Jim, Duke,and Me went for more ammo....be back in about an hour.
> > Don't mess with the pit bulls--they got after the mailman this morning
> > and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it, but it
> > was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all the dogs in
> > the house. And remember they don't bark until it is too late! Just wait
> > outside till we get back.
> > Cooter

MikeA57 said:
Well, it happened to me now. When I got home yesterday, my wife told me that the neighbor 3 houses down from us had gotten his back yard shed broken into and had all his woodworking tools, chain saw, etc, stolen. I didn't think anything about it but later on in the evening I decided to go out back and check my garden shed. (We both have detached garages and a smaller shed further in the back of our yard. When I got back there the first thing I noticed was that my weedeater was gone - a brand new Ecdo PAS-265 which I had bought towards the end of the season last year. Used it about 4-5 times. I had also had a pressure washer back there too and it was gone also. We got to talking with some other neighbors and apparently it was a whole rash of people had gotten stuff stolen out of sheds that were out on the back of their properties. Funnily enough, I haven't gotten real upset about it. Nobody was hurt or apparently in any danger so I'm thankful for that...

Mike

Sorry to hear that has happen to you all.I hate a thief.My house has been broken into every year for the past 6 years.I solved that with my BDG.

I would be glad to come down with my BDG and keep the area secure.No one escapes the BDG,NO ONE!I guess I should explain BDG.BDG is one of those things every home owner should have but few do,especially if they have children.

Here is my favorite BDG(Big Dam Gun).

Barret 25MM Sniper
barrett_xm109_payload_rifle.jpg

Quackrstackr said:
Loggerhead Mike said:
Check the local pawn shops. You would be surprised how stupid some of these thugs can be.

About 4 years ago we had a majority of our sound system stolen from our church. Console, CD recorder, wireless mic systems, all kinds of stuff. He even took the time to steal the manuals while he was at it. This guy also hit several other churches in the area in about a 5 day period. The cops got a tip that someone was pawning a bunch of musical equipment at a shop just outside of town so they paid a visit to it. It just so happened the guy was just walking in with some of our wireless mics at the time. Told the pawn shop guy he was liquidating his recording studio at home. He had the manuals and everything so the owner didn't really question it. B U S T E D!!!!!

Latest posts