Real or fake?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's faked. pause the action at 33 seconds and then click it through to 36 with a series of quick pauses and you will see there is no real frame where he catches the bat, just the follow through after he's caught it. It's even more obvious at seconds 45 to 46.

I believe that motion is a physical impossibility. With the barrel of the bat out front of the swing, you could not stop that motion and get the handle velocity up high enough for it to stop the swing, spin around to be caught and generate enough velocity or pick up enough energy transfer from the batters arms to finish the swing the way he does.

Just my 2 cents. :wink:

According to this clip, it's definately real - some of the comments indicate people have tried it and can do it too. There's another video of him at a different time/place also... Just spottted this while reading the news on Yahoo.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Wicked-video-Minor-leaguer-performs-major-leagu;_ylt=AjCBrq_U7n8LCsa7_gkJ8.J0fNdF?urn=mlb%2C171207

I stand corrected. That's the same video Jim posted, but with the sound and that last sequence of him doing it repeatedly it leaves no doubt what he is doing. Overdubbing the sound track is too difficult for an amature to fake.

If you read down to the bottom of the article, there is another clip marked "video" - that one shows him doing it at another place along with another guy who's doing another bat trick...

Absolutely REAL. I played baseball into college and trust me, we all had ALOT of time on our hands in the down time of practices (why do you thnk the pros have all thier little quirks....), we all had our 'party tricks' that we taught ourselves during practive. All he does is lock up his wrists as the head of the bat comes around to get it to spin, after that you open up your hands a catch.