TinBoats member jparker7099 is a ripoff - cost me money

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
BEWARE!! DO NOT TRUST THIS TINBOATS MEMBER..

JPARKER7099 of Birmingham AL.

I gave this guy ample time to have the item shipped to me and to respond to my PM's

He told me he would sell me a fishfinder for $50 bucks, I sent him $60 to cover the shipping charges. He claims he mailed the item out via FedEx and I have not been able to contact him and he did not give me a tracking number. He will not return my PM's The phone number that is cross reffed to his address is out of service. Another phone number from another mesg. board was also not his and when I did a look up on the address he gave me, it was not in his name ( unless he just moved there and it was an old listing) I smell a fraudster here!..

This guy has lied to me and cost me $35 bucks to put a stop payment on the check I sent him. I called my bank this morning and the check has not been cashed, unless he did it over the weekend and the transaction has'nt made it to my bank yet.

I hate to call people out, but I think other members should be aware of this user. Mods, if you need to remove this post, feel free to do so...

Below is my PM's to this user...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message subject: Re: Looking for a cheap used working fishfinder
Folder: Outbox
i have not received the fish finder, i sent you a check for 60 bucks. you said you shipped it fed ex, can i have the tracking number?
Sent: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 pm
View message

cyberflexx

jparker7099 wrote:
It is leaving today on Fedex headed your way, you should hopefully have it buy the weekend.

Do you have a tracking number for the package?

Did you get my check? I sent you $60 , 10 extra to pay for shipping.

Thanks

-Jim
Sent: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:27 am
View message

cyberflexx

Jimmy,

Did you get the money for the fish finder?
Sent: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:43 pm
View message

cyberflexx

I confirmed with the wife.. she mailed it this morning.

Thanks again
Sent: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 am
View message

jparker7099

Folder: Inbox
It is leaving today on Fedex headed your way, you should hopefully have it buy the weekend.
Sent: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 am
View message

Reply with quote Reply to message
cyberflexx

Folder: Sent messages
Jimmy,

I am having my wife mail $60 today from Milton, WV You should get it in a couple days. I gave you the extra to cover the shipping cost.

Thanks again!

-James
Sent: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 am
View message

cyberflexx

Thanks!
I will send you the money tomorrow as I wont be able to make it to the post office before they close.

Here is my address:

xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 pm
View message

jparker7099

I will take 50 for it.
send me your address and I will get it out today.

you can send a check or money order to
Jimmy Parker
4936 Scenic View Dr
Birmingham, AL 35210
Sent: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 pm
View message

cyberflexx

Will you take $50 for it? I can paypal within hours, or mail a money order.
Sent: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:27 pm
View message

jparker7099

yeah the head comes off of it. I have all the cables and transducer and bracket.

Make me an offer on it, right now it is just sitting there collecting dust.
Sent: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:54 pm
View message

cyberflexx

Thanks for replying...

Do you know if the head can pop off the bracket so I can take it in the house when the boat is stored outside? I wouldnt want it stolen.

Do you have the power and transducer cables and the mounting bracket?

I might be interested.

How much would you want for it?
Sent: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:29 pm
View message

cyberflexx

Thanks for replying...

Do you know if the head can pop off the bracket so I can take it in the house when the boat is stored outside? I wouldnt want it stolen.

Do you have the power and transducer cables and the mounting bracket?

I might be interested.

How much would you want for it?
Sent: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:28 pm
View message

jparker7099

Here is the spec sheet off the Lowrance website.
https://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/OEM ... 51-Pro-TX/

I have never even really used the unit, they took it off when I bought the boat new, I had a 522 gps unit installed.

Sorry for the lack of infomation.
Sent: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:33 am
View message

cyberflexx

Subject: Looking for a cheap used working fishfinder

jparker7099 wrote:
I have a the Lowerance X-51 that came on my Tracker. If you interested.

I might be interested. Can you send me the details? I am not to the point of mounting one, yet.. So I am not that big of a hurry..
Sent: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 am
View message

dang man that sucks.. maybe he's just on a small hiatus and couldn't get back to you...

If he sent it FexEx Ground, just keep waiting... it may show up yet

ditto that. hope just something happend and he makes it rite for ya

i worked at fedex ground hub in nashville for awile. it amazes me how peoples stuff gets there in one piece if it even does get there

one bad thing about the internet is you never know who your dealing with, but if i was a criminal i would of opted for the money order instead of a check. maybe he's a dumb criminal

Loggerhead Mike said:
ditto that. hope just something happend and he makes it rite for ya

i worked at fedex ground hub in nashville for awile. it amazes me how peoples stuff gets there in one piece if it even does get there

one bad thing about the internet is you never know who your dealing with, but if i was a criminal i would of opted for the money order instead of a check. maybe he's a dumb criminal

I always think the best of people and when they say they will do something, I expect them to do it, just as I would. I believe in deals on a shandshake and helping out your neighbor. I always thing positive, but its just been too long of a wait. I am cancelling the check today.. i would rather lose 35 bucks than 60. and if the fish finder does show up, i'll send him a money order for $60 to make it right. I honestly do not think he ever shipped it or I would have recevied it by now..

It wouldn't be the first time that something was lost or destroyed by FedEx. They delivered a cell phone that I had ordered to the wrong address and it took me forever to get that straightened out because someone had accepted the package. It didn't matter that it wasn't me. :x

Maybe he decided to see if your check arrived before he sent the package and the check never showed up?

Just throwing different scenarios out there. Jim should be able to tell you if he has been online here recently to receive your PM's.

He only has one post. I know everyone like to think the best of everyone else, but I would have hesitated when I saw that..

FishinsMyLife said:
He only has one post. I know everyone like to think the best of everyone else, but I would have hesitated when I saw that..

The worst part is that he seems to be a member of a few forums with just a few posts. :cry:

I got his real name and where he works, I sent him an email myself hoping it was a misunderstanding........no response!

Then the guy was either hit by a bus or he committed mail fraud, which is a federal offense. He may have to cash the check for that to stick.

It's looking like jparker7099 is a scam artist.He is banned.

Last visit Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 am

Post Count 1

I think he was checking to see if cyberflex is taken it lying down or doing something about the issue.Seems like I have seen the same issue using that same user name.Some people take well known user names from other forums and use them to rip people off on another forum.That maybe what has happened here.

Sorry this has happened to you,cyberflex.Jim and I have discussed this,and came up with the 10 posts and 1 month on the forum before using the classified section.Jim is also looking into things that only an admin can.

FishinsMyLife said:

Ya know.. I didnt even pay attention to that until after I sent him the check. I have already contacted the bank and let them know. My wife told me if he cashes it, an FBI agent knocking on the door of the place it was mailed. I pulled up the address on Google Earth and there is a house at the location so its not just a field with a mailbox. Skanks really piss me off. If he needed the money or donation for his family, it would not be that big of a deal, it's the point that he is scamming and doing fraud thats the problem.

I know now, not to buy anything from anyone, other than ebay with paypal. :evil:

cyberflexx said:
FishinsMyLife said:

I know now, not to buy anything from anyone, other than ebay with paypal. :evil:

Wait a minute, does that mean you're backing out on that land I have in Floriday you were interested in?? :p :p

Sorry, couldn't resist - sorry about the scam - what goes around, comes around :twisted:

The check has been stopped at the cost of $35. Our account has been checked and everything is OK and the bank is aware of possible fraudulent activity and is monitoring our account for us. We know most of the people at our bank so that helps as well..

That stinks cyberflexx. At least it's just 35 bucks, but these days that can hurt too. My trusting nature has gotten me ripped off more than once or twice myself in the past but have finally learned to be a trust but verify kind of guy.

I feel like I could trust any of you guys that post out here all of the time. All in all I think Jim and the Mods do a great job of keeping the bottom feeders to a minimum.

As FishingCop said, what comes around goes around.

He is probably lurking in and reading the posts as we type them. I wish there was a way to block all lurkers and make it manditory login. Maybe that will help keep some of the sh!t out of the site.

There seems to be a bass boat in the driveway of the house. Google Maps lists it as 4938 and the street #s jump from 4934 to 4938 to 4940. Strange, but possible. But the boat in the driveway would seem to be a good indicator of a fishfinder somewhere around the place.

Attachments

• 4938 Scenic View Dr.JPG
    4938 Scenic View Dr.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 304
DocWatson said:
There seems to be a bass boat in the driveway of the house. Google Maps lists it as 4938 and the street #s jump from 4934 to 4938 to 4940. Strange, but possible. But the boat in the driveway would seem to be a good indicator of a fishfinder somewhere around the place.

Oh Snap..... :shock:

:lol:

Latest posts