We had a scare yesterday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Our 22 year old daughter who is 6 ½ (ish) months pregnant and due this September was sent to the hospital with possible appendicitis. I guess they ruled out appendicitis and gave her 3 shots to stop the contractions and sent her home. Now she is restricted to bed rest for at least 5 weeks. Doctor said that when (not if) this happens again, the baby is gonna come and there will be nothing they can do but delver it. I believe that is why they want her in bed for 5 more weeks so the baby has a better chance. My wife now has a bag packed and is ready to fly down on a moments notice. Appreciate any good thoughts and prayers you might be willing to offer.

your family is in my prayers man - you're not alone... someone will always be on here for ya :beer:

Loggerhead Mike said:
they will both do well. you excited about being a grand pappy?

Always get excited about grand kids. This will be #5. First for Jessica (the 22 year old), have 3 from the oldest and 1 step-grandson through the oldest ones latest marriage.

I do hope and pray that all goes well for your daughter and the new little one. I am only a grandpa by marriage, but do know what you mean. My step son's twins just turned 1 this month. They are all blessings.... Please keep us posted.

Wolf

My wife had a similar episode with our second child. She ended up in the hospital for over a week on magnesium treatments to stop the contractions. She was finally able to go home albeit 3cm diallated, and the docs said she was to be on bedrest and they would see us in a week or two if she made it that long. Turned out she was home on rest for more than eight weeks and the baby had to be induced. We will be praying for your family, it is a really scary thing when one of the little ones are going through it!

My 20 yr. old daughter had the same thing happen to her Saturday night. We were in Belleville, IL visiting my sister and her family and they called us around 12:15. They gave her 3 shots too and sent her home. She's due August 8. Dr. told her to take it easy too, but didn't put her on bed rest. So, we're watching her real close now.

I'm adding your daughter to my prayers Popeye!!

Mike

My best friend has two healthy daughters that came in a very similar situation. Mom was confined to the bed on the first and in the hospital on the second. It's amazing how well the hospitals can care for the premie's.

Will keep you and family in my thoughts an prayers.

All will be fine.

Andy,

My thoughts are with you and your family.... I'm sure everything will work out just fine and you'll have a beautiful new grandchild very soon - healthy and perfect when it's all said & done...

My first born was 3 months premature also, so I know what you and Jean are going through and feeling for your daughter........ My prayers are with you all my friend.....