Friday night on the Fox Chain

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Friday night we took 2 boats out and set out from the Chain O’ Lakes State Park and right away knew this was gonna be a tough night. Water was up so high there were boards from the ramp to the docks (reminded me of late ice access). Launched and headed out the channel to Grass Lake. Saw 1 boat anchored in the river and when asked, they reported no fish all day. Motored (no wake) over to Blarney Island and tied up. As soon as we got there I realized that I had left the tickets in the truck. Had to motor back to get them after leaving the women folk with the group from the other boat. We got back to the Island with tickets in tow and found the rest of our group where they had staked out a pair of tables. Son enough, after a few rounds of adult libation we decided to partake of some grubbage. Some food in the belly and few more rounds and the 1st band, Fighters of Foo started. Good thing no Foo showed up. After they played for about 30 minutes a short intermission and then Nine Days took the stage for their set. After another intermission, Blessid Union of Souls was up. We all decided to leave about 11:30pm while Blessid Union was still playing but not because they didn’t sound good, several of us had to work the next day. We all had a good time but I thought it was too loud. Maybe I’m just too old…

NINE DAYS:
normal_nine_days_2.jpg

BLESSID UNION OF SOULS:
normal_Blessid_Union_4.jpg

YES, I'M SURE ALCOHOL WAS INVOLVED:
normal_DSCN0028.jpg

Sounds like Andy or Frank or Flounderhead or Popeye -- whooever the hell he is these days--------- Had a great time and party on the Fox :lol:

When we going out again???

For those of you not familiar with the Fox Chain or Blarney Island, here is a link.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=blarney+island+antioch,+il&sll=37.370157,-95.712891&sspn=50.92452,113.291016&ie=UTF8&ll=42.444278,-88.165213&spn=0.001467,0.003457&t=h&z=19

The building on the right is where the bands were set up. The small open area to the left is where everyone was and the big building to the left of that is the bar area. The building on the bottom is the kitchen and you have to order at the window on the south side. You can see there isn't a lot of open area and that's why it was so loud.

Latest posts