The Maden voyge.... For me any way......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
Ok, so we got the boat cleaned up, the seats in and a 30 lb motor on it. So me being the little kid that cant wait, we took the boat out today. Went to a small reservoir close to where we live. When we first started launching it, my wife looked in it and said, “It’s leaking!” Pulled it out of the water and I checked the plug again. Well as I was playing with the plug I found out that the end cap on the plug was stripped.

I talked to a guy that was there taking his boat out and he was giving me directions to the closest Wal-Mart to get another one when he said “Well I am done I’ll just give you my plug and save you some time.” I tried to pay him for it and he wouldn’t take any money. {Thank you who ever you are! Hope that I can return the favor one day.} Well back down to the ramp I go to find out that there is a pinhole right under the drain hole.

Now, I know that some of you are going to cringe at what I did but I did it any way. I went down to the first auto parts store I could find and bought a wire brush and some J B Weld. While sitting there at the parts store, I brushed the area around the pinhole and cleaned it up good, then mixed up the J B Weld and went back to the reservoir. We launched again and IT WORKED! I started out close to the water line just to make sure yet didn’t leak, so I stayed out with her for about 2 ½ hours. The little 30 lb motor from Bass Pro did great. It took me a little to get used to speed and steering, but I managed.

Now, for the fishing…. That didn’t go as well. Anita didn’t have a bite at all. I had one. I was just trolling along when all of a sudden, I felt the line snag. I shut the motor down and started reeling in; I had to tighten up the drag when all of a sudden the line snapped. Know it’s a fish story but my wife can attest too it!!!

Needless to say, had a great day on the water, Planning on getting my friend with a TIG to fix the pinhole and finish her up. But until then, it’s a great boat and had a lot of fun.

Talk to you all later

Wolf.

Latest posts