Moving back to Knoxville

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
After living in Atlanta for the past seven years, my wife and I are finally moving back to Knoxville, Tennessee and we can't wait! I retired in February and am now involved in private consulting, which can be done anywhere. I grew up in Knoxville and have lived there on three other occasions, this final move being the fourth. The plan is to buy a G3 1544, mod it out, and return to sauger fishing, bowfishing, and all the other kinds of fishing I love so much. I had to sell my beloved Grumman 1542 after moving to Atlanta because there weren't any lakes near where I lived, and those farther away looked like 5 o'clock rush hour in Atlanta on the weekends. The move date on July 17 and it can't come soon enough!

you gotta love TN

I hope they've finished the roadwork in knox by now. man ive been caught in more traffic jams than i could count coming from nash to nc. the only bad one i was really in wasnt the traffic. it was the me having to pee and my gatorade bottle filled up before i finished :oops:

You lucky rascal!!! I wish I could get out of Atlanta that easy....

Congrats on the move though! I can feel how excited you are - literally... I would give anything to pry my wife away from her family here. But, if I get deployed, atleast I know she is less than 1 mile from her parents.

I don't actually live in Atlanta city limits, I live in Canton - but I commute everyday 26 miles one way to Abernathy/400 to work. It SUCKS!

Actually, I live in Peachtree City, which is southwest of Atlanta, but I had a 33 mile commute to work each day. I won't miss it a bit. And, yes, I know all about the I-40 reopening. I read the Knoxville News Sentinal online every day and have kept up with all the goings on in Knoxville. I keep hoping there will actually come a day when some part of I-75, I-40, or I-640 won't be under construction but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. But considering what I've had to put up with the past seven years, you won't hear me complain.

Glad to hear the move is finally going to happen deadmeat! The construction dwindled considerably over the past few weeks as some of the local projects have been completed. What area specifically are you planning to move too? Look me up and maybe we can wet a line sometime.

God Bless & Good Fishing!

G3

We're moving back to my old stomping grounds in Fountain City. You're down off of Chapman Highway if I remember correctly. And, yes, we'll definitely pair up and go fishing. When I lived there before I was always on the water somewhere at least a couple days a week and sometimes more.

I live about 45minutes-1hr north of fountain city. Whenever you get up this way, let me know. Us East Tennesseans may need to plan a tinboats GTG. :beer:

Yep, I've been to Tazewell many times, Bubba. I used to deer hunt at Chuck Swan back in the days when it was called the Central Peninsula.

Deadmeat said:
Yep, I've been to Tazewell many times, Bubba. I used to deer hunt at Chuck Swan back in the days when it was called the Central Peninsula.

Cool, Just let me know whenever you get here and we'll have to plan us a trip.

Peachtree City.... you gotta show us a pic of your souped up Golf Cart then - I know you got one!

I'm a native Atlantian, but I tell ya other than missing family (and a decent job market) I'd love to pack up move elsewhere. Somewhere with mountains and a lake full of bass would be perfect.

Believe it or not, no, I never got a golf cart. I don't play golf and the way I see it, why spend 20 minutes putting to the store while sweating like a pig in a golf cart when I can spend 5 minutes in an air conditioned car. Golf carts to me are like Michael Jackson--something I never understood.

And, yeah, I'm like you, Poolie. I grew up with the Smokies practically in my back yard and I'm never happy unless I'm within sight of them.

yeah atlanta sucks.i lived in gwinnett county for a little over 2 years.i commuted back and fourth to alpharretta everyday for work.horrible traffic didnt meet a whole lot of nice people either.come home from work pack my clothes and fishing equip.and havent been back since

Latest posts