Test Picture

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
Quackrstackr said:
Now I get a browser error "Page cannot be displayed"

Same deal 5 different times now.

How big is the picture you are trying to upload?

..and what is your upload speed....the php script may be timing out. Do you at least get a popup stating that the file is being uploaded?

1.4mb pic

I'm on a 1gig connection currently but I don't know what the upload speed is. It's run through the corporate network. I know my internet connection has been pretty slow today for some reason.

I just got the same "page cannot be displayed" message but do get the site popup that it is attempting to load (which remains even after the browser craps out).

Well, a 400+k file works but a 1.5mb gives me the same "page cannot be displayed" message.

Yeah, Russ. That's one of the places that I used to hunt.

Quackrstackr said:
Well, a 400+k file works but a 1.5mb gives me the same "page cannot be displayed" message.

You're hitting the php limit...the script is timing out prior to the file being uploaded. Be right back!! :)

Alphawolf said:
Please try your 1.4 meg file again...hopefully it will go through this time.

No dice. I can probably upload this one, though. :lol:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 200
Could you do me a favor and time how long it takes once you hit the upload button for the page to give you that error please?

I would bet it has something to do with your corporate connection limiting the amount of time a request can be made on the internet before being completed (that's why you continue to see the popup, which is actually an animated gif, during the error. The popup is then terminated after the script is done uploading the attachment). As it seems to be just for you, I can only assume this to be the case because I can't reproduce it and no one else is stating they are having the same problem.

FWIW, the settings on this server are set to stop any script after running for 60 seconds.

Sorry. :(

I'll have to time it when I get home and see how long it takes.

I get the same thing there, also. That is where I was when I posted the outdoor pic above and attempted the large file.

Latest posts