JD Baits - 3 inch stick worms?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I received the rest of my order just today, since we were out camping this weekend. The baits look awesome! I can't wait to put them in the water with a real test- but since I went out Fri & Sat taking kids fishing, I doubt I'll be able to get permission to get out today too.

So a question, I ordered some of the 3 inch stickbaits. Any idea what size/style hook to use with these? They look really nice, just not sure how to attach them to my line. :?

As to a fishing report with the new baits, One of the kids said he wanted to catch a monster fish, so we tied on the biggest Fatboy I had. Just a true chunk of a bait. He hooked into a HUGE fish, but it cut his line right away, so we think it was a northern. The kid didn't catch anything else, but it was slow fishing anyway, only 2 bass and one northern in 2 days. We weren't the only boat not catching anything though. It was a BUSY lake - 12 boats at the ramp at once, virtually a parking lot on the water. I think there were 150 boats on the lake and that is no exageration - they were having some sort of race too.

Thanks for any help,

Will
:)

Hey Will sorry to hear about the lost northern, I would of really liked to seen it, and yes them 6" fatboys are just a huge chunk of bait. When I first bought the mold I was a little taken back at their size, but now thats about all i fish. For your question if you are wacky rigging the 3 inch stick use a #4 octopus hook, for texas rig id use a 1/0 skip gap which will save you from tearing up the baits as easly. For split shot rigs (mini Carolina rig) Id use a 1/0 Matzuo Sickle hook

Use a 1/0 or 2/0 Wide Gap worm hook (I love teh skip gaps for this)

I also suggest that you use a small bullet weight - really tiny is good. Drag the 3" worm on the bottom very slowly maintaining contact with teh bottom. The LM Bass around here love that

Latest posts