How many babies?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Went out fishing Friday night,no fish of any size.
Did get close to this meganzer and little ones.babyD 001.jpg
Sorry about picture Quality,had to zoom way up.
I think there was 15,when I got to close,she let a quack go out of her and those little suckers motored across the water,for like 200yards.Tried to get another picture but way to blurry.Seen a loon and a few other fish eating ducks,was trying the same areas as them but only landed small bass and most of them where caught on senkos,a couple on xraps.

That is so cool! Can you image having 15 little mouths to feed? Glad momma's a better fisherman that I am :)

I just got a new camera as an early b-day present from the g-friend, and I told her I wanted the best zoom possible for shots like that. I can't wait to try er out. No more missed egale's nest, and loon shots on my trips up north. :D The shorties were swimming in my lake this weekend too. :mrgreen:

Nasty lawn darts...

They are included in bag limits while duck hunting but I have no idea why. The things are inedible and the hens are as ugly as sin.

Mergansers are "nest dumpers". It is somewhat likely that some of those 15 little ones are from at least one other bird that layed it's eggs in that one's nest.

Quackrstackr said:
Nasty lawn darts...

They are included in bag limits while duck hunting but I have no idea why. The things are inedible and the hens are as ugly as sin.

Mergansers are "nest dumpers". It is somewhat likely that some of those 15 little ones are from at least one other bird that layed it's eggs in that one's nest.

:LOL2:

Latest posts