Had to repost this here as well.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Michael Jackson dies and it’s 24/7 news coverage.

A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media has no honor and God is watching

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out.. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died at the age of 80, in Boise , ID. May God rest his soul.

Medal of Honor Winner
Ed Freeman!

Since the media didn't give him the coverage he deserves, send this to every red-blooded American you know.

THANKS AGAIN, ED, FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR OUR COUNTRY.

Now that's a death that brings tears to my eyes, not the death of Michael Jackson. A true hero dies and there's scarcely a mention of it. A celebrity dies and it's 24/7 coverage, as you said. I have to wonder about our sense of priorities these days.

reminds me of when princess diana and mother theresa died, about a week apart. i distinctly remember some magazine giving 30+ pages to diana and 6 pages to mother theresa.

celebrity magazines (and our infatuation with them) are one of our nation's biggest problems that will likely not be addressed for a long time. it goes beyond entertainment, it's a social psychosis.

Ed Freeman: your selflessness is remembered. =D>

I couldn't agree more, Grizzly. Unfortunately, it's remembered by too few. My guess is that the vast majority of those at the MJ memorial service yesterday could sing every verse of every MJ song ever written but have no idea what happened in Vietnam, why it's important, and couldn't find it on a map if their life depended on it.

The chain email doesn't explicitly say Ed died recently, though it implies that. Let's not misrepresent this. Ed Freeman has been dead since August 2008.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/military/freeman.asp

who cares when he died - he still didn't get the honor or recognition that he deserved... along with about 4500 airmen, soldiers and seamen who have given their lives since the war on terror began.

This nation needs to get its priorities in line and wake up to see that freedom isn't free.

russ010 said:
who cares when he died - he still didn't get the honor or recognition that he deserved... along with about 4500 airmen, soldiers and seamen who have given their lives since the war on terror began.

This nation needs to get its priorities in line and wake up to see that freedom isn't free.

Amen to that.... Never has been enough recognition to our service men & women who fought for our country and those who lost their lives in combat... A special prayer for our heros like Ed..... When will our country ever wake up????

I volunteered for duty in Vietnam and came back from 'Nam in February, 1969 - to a world of indifference which made me feel ashamed - so many who were angered at me and others like me and called us baby killers and other awfull things. It took a very long time for the country to honor the Vietnam vets and even still today, our veterans have never received the praise they deserve for what they did at the time. Right or wrong, we fought for our country and followed our orders and were wounded and died for what was said to be right at the time - and what we believed in at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanatic about it at all - in fact, I hardly ever think about it anymore - it's been 40 years ago now - I'm a lucky one, no post tramtic stress syndrome, no ill affects, lived a normal life after my military service - so I am truly lucky, but posts like this start me thinking back :cry:

Well said Russ. For over 23 years of my life I have seen all too often how the service men and women get brushed off for everything that they deserve.

What truly sickens me is you have sports celebrities who get paid millions of dollars just to play a game, They don’t have the responsibility to live life as a normal citizen of this nation, They get involved in drugs, illegal activities, DUI's domestic violence... You name it. yet very little happens too them, on the other side, you have a young man or woman standing the watch just barely making ends meet at home but willing to answer the call when it happens, and what do they get? People in their own country living under the blanket of freedom that these young people help protect, bad mouthing them and protesting them all the while. Like you said, this country needs to get its priorities straight!

When the Afghanistan conflict first started in 2002... I was a PJ, and I was there when Operation Anaconda hit, and I was part of it. I saw A LOT - and I also saw a lot of my brothers get KIA. We knew why we were there, and we would much rather be away from home doing the fighting (even though we hate to admit it) than to have it in our front yards here. People don't realize (or they've forgotten) what we are doing over there. I would say that 8 out of 10 military members that you hear bitching about being over there, are the kids who joined just for the education benefits. I hear it all the time from the kids who join our unit and complain about having to go on 3-6 month deployments... I have a "come to God" talk with them, and then they understand that they have 2 options. 1 - go and fight for the country and watch my back and their buddies back, or 2 - they get the snot kicked out of them until they "learn" that the military is not education money, it's standing up and fighting for all the people who are too scared to risk their lives for the freedom of their family and friends.

While I was overseas, we all carried a small picture of the twin towers being hit with the words "Have You Forgotten" written in bold ink across the top with the American Flag watermarked in the background. It still sends chills down my spine remembering going through the hundreds of caves that we encountered and wandering if we would come out alive, or if our chopper would be the next one hit - but we didn't care. We had a job to do AND we knew why we were there. I still carry that little picture with me to remind myself how good we have it here, as well as remember the family we have overseas protecting our ungrateful butts while we can go out and do as we please without worrying if the guy coming down the street is a suicide bomber.

OK... getting off my soap box and preaching, it just hits me pretty hard and I've had to bite my tongue a few times in public when I overhear people blasting the FORMER President for sending us over. I'm just grateful he had the balls to do it, and I'd do it all over again and just say "your welcome" when we get back home.

But - I do want to send out a personal thanks to all the members of this forum who have served, are serving, and will serve in the future... you guys are the reason I can sit here and enjoy life without worrying of dictatorship, civil wars, and the peace of mind knowing that this will always be a free country because of the many who gave all. Thank You for what you have done - you will not be forgotten.

ober51 said:
I think what the Armed Services do is incredible, don't get me wrong, but what exactly are we doing in Iraq?

We got rid of a dictator who's whole point in life was to kill all Americans and anyone who was not Muslim. We're still there now because of the War on Terror (oops... not supposed to call it that anymore). I don't foresee us leaving there anytime soon, those people are so brain washed they have no idea what freedom is and their scared of it. They don't know how to do anything for themselves, and many of them are still under the mind set to kill all americans.

I for one don't want to go through another 9/11, and as soon as we're out of the picture it will only be a few more months, years or who knows how long before it will happen again.

There's a lot of stuff that the public doesn't know, and in all honesty, doesn't need to know about what we are doing over there and why. This ware would have been over a long time ago had it not been televised (stupidest thing in the world, if you want to see war, join the miltary). People also don't understand what war is - but I can sum it up pretty easy. Kill them all and break their stuff.

I'm not directing this to you or anyone else, so please don't read it like that. I just want everyone to remember that there haven't been any more attacks on American (North or South continents) soil since we've been over there... and my guess is there won't be as long as we have presence over there disturbing their cells.

Dang media!, They was aloud way to much coverage of the war in Iraq and they are the reason for a bad rap of us(in others eyes) If they was aloud the same coverage freedom in WWII we might have lost, Cause That there was a war :!:

The media gave dates and times of what we were going to do over there. That is no way to win a war. Too many people are are too soft hearted to see what actually happens in a war. They don't understand what it means to "kill or be killed".

Latest posts