Anyone In/Near Milwaukee, WI want to go fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I live just west of Milwaukee/north of Waukesha - was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together for a little fishing - maybe something after work or early on a weekend. I find it fun fishing with new people because you can both learn something from each other.

The guys I have been fishing with lately are not real big fishermen (most go once every 2 or 3 years) and are relying on me to put them on fish, which is nice that they think so much of my fledgling skills - but I just got my boat this year and only fished 2 lakes with it so far. I know a little about bass, but most of my knowledge is about speckled trout, redfish and flounder in the gulf of Mexico... which doesn't help much when I live near Milwaukee :roll: Anyway, I'd be happy to take someone out fishing and meet a fellow Tinboater!

In case you were wondering, I have my own boat, so I'm not looking for a free ride, but if you are, that's ok too :wink:

Will
:)

Hi Will. I'm in Waukesha. Drop me a line sometime, and we can hook up for some bass fishing in my boat or yours.

I'm moving to Eau Claire on Sunday, but won't be in the area full time until mid August because of some military things. Unfortunately, that's a long drive, but it's not out of the woods for me as I don't yet know too much about LMB fishing. I'm more of a walleye/northern/SMB guy.

wasilvers said:
In case you were wondering, I have my own boat, so I'm not looking for a free ride, but if you are, that's ok too :wink:

Will
:)

I'd love to come up if you don't mind a FIB in your boat! :lol:

StinkyNathan - EueClaire has some good fishing, the Chetek Chain is just north of there if I remember right. There is a tourney every spring/summer that a kids camp puts on. Lots of tin boats there (maybe not tinboats.com'ers yet). The camp raises $ for a great cause and all the fish are released at their dock at the end of the tourney, right before the summer camps start... Gotta be great fishing for the kids. Check it out next year (google camp chetek). Me and my fishing partner that day (13 year old kid of a coworker) took 3rd in the panfish division and caught the 3rd largest bass - and more importatly had a blast! You can compare your fishing against the pro's and they are happy to share what worked for them in prefishing and tournament. But be ready to travel if you fish there - I put 28+ miles on the boat in 1.5 days during the tourney.

AngryBob - Another Waukesha Guy! Nice! We'll have to hit one of the local lakes sometime before the weather turns again. I'm going to Keesus on Saturday again. Kind of becoming my local lake and it has some nice bass and northern in it. I'll pm you a few questions and trade numbers etc.

BTW - what is a FIB? I can guess a few of the acronyms :)

Thanks guys!

Will

wasilvers said:
BTW - what is a FIB? I can guess a few of the acronyms :)

well if you're from Illinois it means "Friendly Illinois Brother" if you're from Wisconsin it means something else.

:lol:

Even though I've lived in WI for 8 of the last 10 years, I still don't understand the hatred for IL 'brethern'. Just because yall didn't learn how to drive nice, or learn how to win a baseball game, or figure out how to draft a quarterback, or actually move some people out of the city - well, they really have no reason to hate you guys :D

I actually think they are jealous that Chicagoans make so much more than they do and get to fly cheaper accross the country, have two baseball teams to cheer for, and don't have a quarterback playing for their archrivals this year (2 - Farve and Romo). :---)

Are there any lakes somewhere in between here and there where we could meet up for a trip - and Lake Michigan doesn't count [-X

Will
:D

Latest posts