Fishing license Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2go

Reaction score
I live really close to the SC/NC state line.I do most of my fishing in SC where I live.For years I have avoided fishing in NC because of the cost of an out of state fishing license.It was $50 last I checked.The areas I want to fish are not patrolled but I am not a fan of breaking rules.So should I get an NC fishing license or just take a chance and fish without them?

Get the license. $50.00 is steep but still less then a fine and the embarrassment. Plus, since you will hav eteh license it will open up lots more areas other then those "un-patrolled" section. you can go anywhere with impunity

I would buy it like Capt. said. I do not like it but I have paid $90 for the last 15 years to fish LA. I also have one for AL and FL.

I recently had to make that decision for Alabama. I live close to the GA/AL border. There are several lakes just across the border (no reciprocal agreement) that I'd like to fish a couple times a year but the out of state license is $46. So until recently I've avoided going over there. When my brother asked me to fish Guntersville with him I had to make the decision. $46 was not going to keep me away from that lake. I justified the cost by figuring that the money goes to maintaining great places to go fish.

The stinky thing is that Alabama's licenses go from the end of August to the end of August so next month I'll have to give them more money.

Get it, sounds like you;ll get plenty of chances to use it, prices are what they are. The money goes to a good cause(I would think) and you wont have to keep looking over your shoulder. I get a kick out of people who break the laws, get caught, than complain about it.

i have a bad habbit of "taking that chance" but only a few times a year

if the lake goes across state lines you can fish in nc w/ your ga liscnese as long as your in a boat not anchor'd

if not, a 50 dollar liscense beats a 200 dollar ticket

I think I'll wait to buy the out of state license until I have a larger boat.I wanna fish Lake Adger,NC.
https://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/north-carolina/polk/mill-spring/lake-adger/

$50 for peace of mind is worth it in my book. I'd hate to be looking over my shoulder. Took a friend's kid out fishing (the dad came along). He didn't have a license and said he'd captain the boat (control the trolling motor) worked well for a while and he got the itch to fish. He fished without a license a bit, more helping his kid a first, then just started pushing the kid out the way to fish. He sure was worried when back to the ramp the warden was there checking people. We had one norther in the livewell that he caught (took it to show the girls) -and two talkative kids there willing to say who exactly caught the fish and who was fishing. He almost wanted out of the boat before we docked!

Peace of mind is worth it for $50.

Latest posts