SC DRIVERS,,,,,BEWARE!!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2go

Reaction score
If you live in South Carolina it is illegal to have anything on or around your tag.No surrounds,no covers(clear included),no name plates,no reflective tag mount screws,and no tag holders.My tag wouldn't show up on an officers dash camera because I have a clear tag cover.Seems the tag lights hit the cover a certain way,causing a glare that screws with the cameras ability to film it.My arresting officer was very friendly and explained the law to me.They are looking for violators around the state.I left happily and with a ticket.I thought I had done something really bad when he pulled me over.I knew I wasn't speeding.I did change lanes,went from left lane to center lane,and I used a signal.Thought it may have blown out.

Oh,I was traveling north on I-85 and was stopped on the Oconee/Anderson county line.I wasn't far from Lake Hartwell and couldn't go fishing. :cry:

I did get a ticket.I go to court in Anderson and take proof(picture and the cover)that I have removed the tag cover.Fine was not set by the officer and will probably be waived when I go to court in 2 weeks.

bassboy1 said:
It always has seemed to me like SC really likes the revenue gained from traffic violations....

same thing goes for Cherokee County sherriffs dept here in GA too... not to mention troopers on I-20 and I-85 on holiday weekends

bassboy1 said:
It always has seemed to me like SC really likes the revenue gained from traffic violations....

I agree and yes they love the easy money from screwing their citizens..A trooper stopped me,not county.I have a family member that is high up in the ranks in the SC trooper's division.I could probably call him and haggle until he gets it dropped.I'd rather make the drive back to Anderson.Got a friend down there I'd like to visit anyway.

those same laws apply here in nc too. it can be a pain doing safety inspections at work, eather over look it, or fail the vehicle and piss a customer off wich usually results in a lost costomer

the cops here really dont inforce any of it though

you shouldnt have a problem in court the judge will want to move on to bigger and better things

Loggerhead Mike said:
those same laws apply here in nc too. it can be a pain doing safety inspections at work, eather over look it, or fail the vehicle and piss a customer off wich usually results in a lost costomer

the cops here really dont inforce any of it though

you shouldnt have a problem in court the judge will want to move on to bigger and better things

Yeah,I believe he will pass me on to get at the drunk drivers.From my understanding, they busted a lot of them around that area over 4th of July.

Waterwings said:
G3_Guy said:
They apply here in TN as well. Don't ask me how I know... #-o

Just knowing KY I can see them making that move probably. Anything for a buck. :roll: . The cover does keep the plate nice and clean. :)

You have those laws in KY.Only the state police will give you problems with tag covers and frames.My G/F got a ticket for having a red reflective tag frame on her car.I don't remember how much it was but it didn't require her to go to court.She paid the fine.She was traveling from Slemp,where she is from,to Lexington.She got the ticket outside Lexington on highway 77 or 74,I think.I don't remember the exact road number.

Waterwings said:
G3_Guy said:
They apply here in TN as well. Don't ask me how I know... #-o

Just knowing KY I can see them making that move probably. Anything for a buck. :roll: . The cover does keep the plate nice and clean. :)

They already have several years ago. It's just not usually enforced unless it is tinted and they feel like writing a ticket.

Anything that obstructs your license plate is against the law here.

Dang, guess I better check on the latest laws. :shock: . They sell the covers at Walmart and all of the auto stores state-wide as far as I know.

normal_license_plate.jpg

Waterwings said:
Dang, guess I better check on the latest laws. :shock: . They sell the covers at Walmart and all of the auto stores state-wide as far as I know.

normal_license_plate.jpg

True. Technically, those are only legal for the vanity plates that people like to put on the front. Some of the surrounds cover so much area that they block out certain parts of the license plate (like the registration sticker). Those are a no-no as well.

Latest posts