A few additions to the bassboy fleet.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
A few additions to my fleet.

First of all, a few weeks back, we saw an ad in Craigslist for a 55 horse Evinrude. Had a couple pics. This motor was clean. He was asking 100, but then when dad went to pick it up, he said we sounded like nice folks, who would take care of it, so he dropped down to 75 bucks. This thing is clean, and still has all of the original warning, and instruction labels.

So, we now have a 1968 Evinrude 55 horse. This of course, has been in my sig for a while.

Then, we have had an ad up to sell our 14 foot Cherokee. We always say will trade for Johnson or Evinrude outboards, among other things. So, one guy offered his 1974 Evinrude 40 horse for it. We agreed, but he said he had to come up our way to pick up another boat he had stored up here. In the past, he had tried selling this motor, but had only scam offers. So, we figured he was just trying to trade for something to sell easier, and offered to buy it outright. He agreed, and then said we could have it for 250. Deal. We got it last night. It supposedly was last run on Tuesday, and runs well. First running motor we have ever bought.

Then, this morning, I noticed an ad for a 14 foot Carolina skiff, with 25 Evinrude, and trailer, for 600 bucks. We called the guy, and he dropped down to 500 fairly quickly. So, we have a security deposit on it, and will pick it up later in the week. Mind you, this is a Carolina skiff. One of the few glass boats that doesn't really count. These are the unsinkable boats, that you always seen cut up, and still floating in many pictures. I have been wanting either a Carolina Skiff, or Boston Whaler for a while now.
This makes the 3rd project going at once here.

The 14 foot Cherokee has been sold, and the buyer should be here tomorrow to pick it up.

This brings our count up to 4 boats, and 6 Johnnyrude outboards.

Sounds like you guys are the proud owners of your very own Flotilla :)

flo·til·la [ flō tíllə ] (plural flo·til·las). Noun
Definition:

Fleet of boats: a fleet of usually small boats.

Latest posts