Survivorman fans?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to watch that show everytime I see it on! Even if i've already seen it....haha.

Now "Man vs. Wild" I can do without. :BS:

Yea, I'm not a fan of Man Vs Wild. I know it's all entertainment, but he's a bit reckless, and it grosses me out when he would eat bugs, etc uncooked. My mother always told me I'd get worms doing stuff like that.

Captain Ahab said:
I love it!

But I am still a Deadlist Catch junkie - never miss watching that show ever
That show is plain ole crazy, I',m surprised those boats dont sink.

Captain Ahab said:
I love it!

But I am still a Deadlist Catch junkie - never miss watching that show ever

Oh yea... I love Deadlist Catch. Those guys are insane.

I would rather watch Survivorman than Man vs Wild.. Les is so much better..

I also like Mantracker on Sci, and Deadliest catch

I am connected with Survivor Man Less Stroud's fan club on facebook and I get his news letter from his website.I am also a fan of Deadliest Catch,Ice Road Truckers,Axe Men,Swamp Loggers,and Dirty Jobs.Man VS Wild is a put on.He takes a crew and films what ever crap he wants then lets the producers sort it out.Everyone in the world knows not to jump off a cliff into a river when it's near freezing,and the mission is to survive.I have my doubts about his back ground in wilderness survival.

ben2go said:
Everyone in the world knows not to jump off a cliff into a river when it's near freezing,and the mission is to survive.I have my doubts about his back ground in wilderness survival.

I wish you would have told my jump instructor that when we had to do cold water jumps out of a perfectly fine helicopter off the coast of maine... then for the next 3 days you and your jump buddy would track and plot through the woods eating bugs and fun things like that before you made it back to the LZ (if you were good and could read a compass and map).

Eating bugs doesn't bother me, but my favorite is grub worms grilled on a stick over an open fire... goooood protein! but unlike most things, it doesn't taste like chicken...

Along the same lines as Survivorman is the 'Alaska Experiment' mini series thing they've done the last three seasons. Each season has been a slightly different format. Since you guys all watch the same stuff I do I'm sure you know the show. I think this past one was the best. It just amazes me how little the average person knows about how to survive outside of the comforts of modern society.

I lean more towards Man vs Wild than the Les Stroud show, although it is good.

russ010 said:
ben2go said:
Everyone in the world knows not to jump off a cliff into a river when it's near freezing,and the mission is to survive.I have my doubts about his back ground in wilderness survival.

I wish you would have told my jump instructor that when we had to do cold water jumps out of a perfectly fine helicopter off the coast of maine... then for the next 3 days you and your jump buddy would track and plot through the woods eating bugs and fun things like that before you made it back to the LZ (if you were good and could read a compass and map)...

Years ago I witnessed (we were one pier over from them) Navy salvage diver students running down the pier and then going off the end into the cold channel. Then, you have the SEALs who seemed to like to swim the channel also :shock: . As the saying goes, "Train The Way You'll Fight". :)

poolie said:
Along the same lines as Survivorman is the 'Alaska Experiment' mini series thing they've done the last three seasons. Each season has been a slightly different format. Since you guys all watch the same stuff I do I'm sure you know the show. I think this past one was the best. It just amazes me how little the average person knows about how to survive outside of the comforts of modern society.

Yes.I like Alaska Experiment also.At the end I became a little confused.The spokes man said they had a few options to get to civilization.They reached the small village and there was cabins,a truck,and the train tracks.I believe I would have went for the truck,but they went and waited for the train.Probably a better decision than my truck idea.

those are all my favorite shows

deadliest catch, man vs wild (shut up!), survivorman, the logging show's, alaskan experiament, and ice road truckers! oh yah, monster quest is up there too even though they never catch the monster

ben2go said:
poolie said:

Yes.I like Alaska Experiment also.At the end I became a little confused.The spokes man said they had a few options to get to civilization.They reached the small village and there was cabins,a truck,and the train tracks.I believe I would have went for the truck,but they went and waited for the train.Probably a better decision than my truck idea.

I think they made the right choice waiting on the train. My wife's family has been in the Anchorage area since the 1890's gold rush, so we go up to visit her mother usually once a year. Funny how you don't mind visiting your mother-in-law when she lives in a cool place like that. Anyway, back to the show. Being out in the back woods of Alaska in a truck without a map probably will just take you somewhere else so you can be lost there. There's a whole lot of nothing up there.

We're going up for a two week visit the end of next month and I can't wait to get there.

deadliest catch, survivorman, the logger show's, alaska experiment and ice road truckers!

Man vs wild isn't realistic if your introuble IMHO, last thing Im gonna do is jump off cliffs or drink my pee :lol: If you was stranded and needed the skills I thing SM is hands down is the realistic.

Has anyone seen the preview of Pawn Shop? I made fun of it untill I seen all of the preview and now look forward to checking it out :lol:

I think I am gonna check out the pawn shop show.I have a friend of the family that recently purchased one.The previous owner was getting robbed on a regular basis and decided to sell.Now the shop is staffed with big scary guys that openly carry guns on the side.Needless to say,the shop hasn't been robbed again.

Latest posts