I feel took...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Well, most of you know I got one of those new High Def Lowrance HD units... well I just wanted to see if any software updates were available and they are... but for my particular unit (HDS-5x) you have to have another HD unit hooked up to it that has an SD card slot... apparently you can only update these units by the ethernet connection between units. I wish I would have known this before I bought this unit - otherwise I would have waited and bought one that could be upgraded.

Here's the message it states:

The HDS-5x must be updated over the ethernet network by another HDS unit that has an SD card slot. You must update the HDS unit with the SD card slot before updating the HDS-5x.

Contact Linda below and see if there is anything she can do to make it right for you. I personally do not use Lowrance but I have numerous friends who do and they swear by this lady and the customer service she offers. Give her a call and see... it's worth a shot.

Linda Colt
Customer Walk in Service Department
12000 East Skelly Drive
Tulsa Oklahoma 74128
1-800-324-1356 ext 8747
Direct Line 918-438-8747
[email protected]

Thanks man - I've heard of her before and forgot completely about her... I'm going to check the software version on my unit first and then give her a call. I got this thing before they really hit the market, so I'm sure it's outdated... I wonder if they would let me upgrade for a discounted price if I sent this one in??.. hmmmm

russ010 said:
I wonder if they would let me upgrade for a discounted price if I sent this one in??.. hmmmm

I wouldn't if you haven't had water intrusion problems yet. Most of the newer ones are having major issues with them.

Latest posts