Any Bourban Fans Here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
If you live in KY and you don't like bourbon... you are a transplant. :lol:

I love a good bourbon. We had a bourbon discussion in one of the fall get together threads if you can find it. I was actually in bourbon country for 4 days last week visiting a buddy where 90%+ of all KY's distilleries are located. We drove by the majority of them at one point or another.

If you like Knob Creek, either go gentle on your bottle or buy some more while you can find it. The distillery is tapped out until the next batch matures in November.

Jim Beam Black here. As a matter of fact. shortly we're heading to visit my brother-in-law who lives right down the road from the Jim Beam distillery in Clermont, KY. Remember the scene from the movie "Stripes"? We drive right by that distillery getting to his house. He tells us that Jim beam still stores some stuff there, even though it's no longer an active distillery.

I like Jim Beam Black!! I havent had any in a long while though. Need to get some to have on hand.

I second the Woodford Reserve....awesome stuff. Has anyone tried the Wild Turkey American Honey? Its good for sipping, and is a little bit sweeter.

Basil Hayden's is another good one. A little bit pricier than woodford but still delicious.
Basil%20Hayden.jpg

Weller Antique 107 Buy it by the case but now I have to go to Chicago to get it. Hell, it's only 100 miles!! :D

I'll drink anything, but I mainly go with 101 wild turkey, I like maker's mark and knob creek as well. If I get jameson, I just drink too much of it. The best I have ever had was a bottle that had been sitting around my cabin for well over 20 years, it was still sealed and it was awesome, smooth as silk but knocked you on your *** quick. I forget what it was called, I think something like rich and rare, it was most likely something cheap back in the day, but man was it good. My gf even liked it, and she hates bourban, she saved the bottle so it is hanging around somewhere.

fishinchef said:
dunk how smooth is the weller?

It is very smooth and easy to drink but the 107 will sneak up on you. I have been tasting since I retired and have tried everything mentioned on here and then some. My bar drink is Makers Mark because it's available at most bars but after several different bourbons ranging from Pappy Van Winkle to AH Hirsch reserve to Elmer T Lee I settled on the Weller. Consistently good and just has a flavor that I relish! :beer:

im a beer man but when the ocosian calls for it, depending on the cash flow in my britches, i usually pick up wild turkey (love that gobble), american honey, regular ole jack, canadian club, or when im poor i just go for the big bottle of old crow :mrgreen:

luckly ive kept my stash up of some good ole white liquar brew'd rite on top of our neighboring mountain so i havent been to the abc store in awile

ober51 said:
Johnny Walker Blue Label, smooooooth.

In my scotch drinking days Blue was the holy grail of scotches but since its about 200.00 a bottle id usually settle for red and every now and then splurge on Gold. These days Jim Beam is my drink of choice with the occasional bottle of Jameson thrown in to shake things up a bit

I cant even read this thread without images of the most painful nights I have ever had in my life. Thank you johnny walker black, Thank you tequila, and thank you peppermint schnapps.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Latest posts