Sailboats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evattman

Reaction score
Anyone ever sail?
My first boat (raft) was a Sevylor Fish Hunter with an attachable transom mount, and I run it with a trolling motor. (I still use it)
At the end of last year, I thought I may like to try sailing.(not sure why, just something different)
Well, after some research, I found out they use to make a sailing rig for my boat but no longer do. Long story short, I found one on Ebay last year and won it but have not taken it out yet.
I have never sailed, Im just wondering if anyone ever has.
Here is a pic of the sailing kit

sevsa.jpg

I've been out a few times on some cats and once in a 24 foot sloop. I really enjoy sailing, I just don't have time for another hobby right now. I have been seriously thinking of building a sailing kayak and outfitting it with the Hobie Mirage drive as well. That way I could sail, paddle or peddle. Something like the Adventure Island but home built. With the family growing it will likely take a back seat to bigger boats for now, I don't fish alone very often anymore :mrgreen: .

Latest posts