New Memebr Intro...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, my name is Rat and I am a boat-building-aholic :mrgreen: ! Pleased to meet ya!

I have repaired several boats in the past ranging from bass boats to bay boats, never really anything more than a hobby tho; but I have never modded an Alu. boat other than rebuilding a few transoms here and there.

I am in the middle of building a boat from scratch, a wood core composite designed by Jacques Martens, the GF16 (a flat bottomed Garvey). I sold my small (12') Alu boat to help finance the GF16 build, of course that left me without a boat. My fishing buddy also started tearing down his boat for a full hull refit about the same time I sold my boat. So here we are, a couple of dorks with no boat. :roll:

However, I have recently came into possession of a nice 1977 Polar Kraft, 14 foot, 40" Aluminum Jon Boat. The transom is rotted out, and in the process of rebuilding I figured I might as well add a fore and aft deck as well (and maybe a sole). So I called my buddy up and asked him what sight he was using for his rebuild and he told me it was this one; so here I am. My plan is to mod the Polar Kraft and use it while I build my GF16 at my leisure.

I have read through the builds in the Mod Listing, lots of good stuff out there. I will begin my post in the mod section tomorrow.

I just wanted to drop by and say hey first!

:WELCOME: Rat.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Latest posts