Tagged

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
So if it sounds like I just like to complain lately, please have a chat with the jerks giving me reason - like today...

There was an ice-cream social in my small town yesterday. Just a bit down the street from me. My house borders a bike trail and a local small park. Today my wife calls me up and said - looks like one of the jerks tagged our garage -either last night after we got back or today. Now my garage is white and it faces the park and the trail. Some yahoo decided it was a canvas and painted some 'stuff' on it. Called the cops, of course if you don't catch them in the act, they aren't going to find them.

I tell you what, if I catch them in the act, well, they'll spend the next 2 weeks in hiding till the paint sluffs off their their body, and they'll want to shave their green hair off as the dirt will be dried in the paint. I'd make sure it dried enough before turning the little turd loose. Might even clearcoat him just to make it stay on a bit longer.

In the meantime, any ideas on how to get spray paint off white aluminum siding? The other solution is to repaint the garage, but if I do that, I might as well redo the roof first. Arrg.. that kid is costing me money.

Just venting,
Will

What if that had been my boat?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dang I miss Texas - you could shoot first and ask questions later after dark. My sherrif friend would never approach a house at night there. He had dispatch call or give him the number to call so he wouldn't get shot.

wasilvers said:
In the meantime, any ideas on how to get spray paint off white aluminum siding? T

Will

Try goop off - works great. if not that - just try soap and water with a gentle brush - you would be amazed especially if teh paint is still fresh.

You want to avoid anything that will leave a bright or flat spot on the siding - so always do a test area that is less visible

There is a product out there that will remove it easily and thouroughly - unfortunatly, I can't recall the name. We used it to eradicat graffiti on cement, wood, aluminum, etc., and it is great. I'd suggest trying the local hardwre or paint store to find out what it is.... sorry about your tagging, but check into a special product for this purpose at the local paint store.

There is a product called DWR (Dirty Word Remover). It removes all kinds of graffiti including permanent marker from surfaces. It is an oil based substance that works well on smooth surfaces that I have used it on. I don't know if it will remove paint from paint or how well it works on rough surfaces.

Hey, I know what you mean about vandals. I had a few issues in the past with this type of stuff, only it was my car. Know that it peeved me the same. Again, it goes back to respect for others.

Sorry to hear about your door.