Go west young man....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honers

Reaction score
gettin myself all psyched for that long drive...me and momma takin our kids..their spouses and both our grandsons out west to Yellowstone for three days then venture over to Mount Rushmore for a couple more days...looks like we're gonna be drivin in rain but good weather once we get there....
Son and i are considering hiring us a guide and venture into the world of fly fishing...never did before...first time for everything...but really worried about where that hook just might end up with all that line flying in front of me and in back of me....
hopefully i can have some pics if'n we get lucky and hook a few...

see ya all in about 9 days.....but with laptop in hand i may not wander to far off

Good luck and safe travels. If you have time go fly fishing you will love it. Even if your skills are not that good you will still love the peace and quiet. My avatar picture was taken 6 hours away from civilization not a soul around. And don't worry about the hooks too much they're pretty small :D

yeaaa....made it back in one piece....that was one heck of a drive.....but mother nature was at her finest.....guess you can say your gettin old when mother nature's scenes are beautiful.....

got to see alot of wild life that would make a hunter like me want to... [-X ...better not say it....let everyone say it for me....LOL....
for those who have never been to Yellowstone National Park....you get a chance....go....

well as for my fishing expedition....time was against me as the wife kept us on the move everyday....figured we "averaged" about 437 miles a day...sounds unreal but it was there....think we went thru every scenic view in Yellowstone except about a 50 mile stretch that was out of our way heading back home....i'll try and get some pics posted....

on our last stop in Mt. Rushmore....well...that was impressive....just able to say that my family was there....what stands out in my mind the most..... The Cosmos.....google search the cosmos in south dakota....this was without a doubt the most unbelievable tour i've ever took....now...my first impression was an obstacle illusion...until....our tour guide threw a tennis ball and it actually curved at almost a 90 degree angle...little exaggeration but it was quite an arc....and of course we went to an animal and reptile park....animals in the wild and at their finest....

well thought i would just share a little of what went on while i was gone.....

ok...must be doing something wrong....keep getttin an error message when trying to at some pics....in due time i will figure this out and get some posted

here we go......just a small sample...not much scenery but more wildlife:

mygang.jpg

my gang....minus oldest son who lives in Big Sur Ca.

daughterswithelk.jpg

here are the twins pretty close to this big ole elk...well...i think it's an elk

frontyard.jpg

could you imagine gettin up in the mornin making yer coffee and seeing this sight

hedontlookwild.jpg

hard to believe this is actually a wild arctic wolf

notsure.jpg

one of mother natures inventions

tellmeaboutit.jpg

need i say anything about this one

unbelievable.jpg

another nature shot going thru the mountains

albinobison.jpg

albino bison truly amazing

WOW! is all I can say. My wife Tiffany just got back from a 2 week venture out to the same area with her parents... I need to get her to make a post of all the pics she got. I don't think she got too up close and personal to the wildlife though..

now i couldn't figure out what those bears were doing until i watched the one go to the vehickle behind me....it was actually licking the bugs off the bumpers and headlights....how bizzare....but....no tips from my car....

now when we went to a place called Bear Country....now there we saw a bunch of animals you normally do not see...reindeer...rocky mountain sheep....mountain lions...

Great pics of a great trip.

Hows the Indian coming along?
When I was last there they just busted a hole under his armpit.

Those pics are awesome. Unfortunately I think I would have had to club one of them bears and made a ton of jerky and roasts :D I gotta get out west sometime, I am a sucker for awesome scenery. I work with a guy that does a month long cross country camping trip every year, and he tells me all about everything. I gotta do it some day. It is very cool to have the family with you, honestly who cares about the fishing, goot times with the family will beat any lunker.

honers said:
Hows the Indian coming along?
Hanr....to be honest with ya we never made it to see the Indian....spent just a little time seeing the prez's....

jkbirocz...your correct....but...everyone went white water rafting while i had grandson duty...and the fishin was my getaway...but...your right....nuttin beat the time we all got to spend together....