Question DocWatson?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Why do videos seem to download quickly somedays and very few times, when most the time they download slow mostly everyday?

I know connection speed has most if all to do with it. I run Hughesnet at hoem and its right under a 1.0mbps. speed, my work is on DSL and it will do the samething.

is there a setting I need to change or a accelerator thats safe to download?

A lot of the variations in speed with downloads has to do with traffic on the internet or the particular site you are downloading from. It can also be affected by things on your ISP's (Internet Service Provider) end. If you download mostly form one site, like Youtube and get the variations then it is likely their site or that particular video experiencing heavy volume.

I'm on a cable connection and never found the need for DL accelerators, so I know nothing about them. You might try lowering your security setting for your browser, but that's not always the best solution. I'll poke around for an answer about accelerators and post back.

thanks, it looks like dial up benefits more from accelerators than I would or it makes sense if a dial up user tries it besides me.

The feed back does concern me enough to avoid it for now unless I find more feedback.

thanks again :D

Popeye said:

https://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/square-root.htm

Thanks for taking care of my light work for me. :wink:

Dave always has trouble with math. Except when he is submitting his bill for services. :shock: #-o