Horse shoes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
How many pitchers do we have out there? I;m just wondering, we had a picnic today and my son and I went 8-1(losing the first game 21 17, he had 0 points), my best throws I had 3 ringers in a row and the 4th hit and bounced off, just curious.

Horse_shoe_crabs_b.jpg

I used to play all the time with my Grand Pa when I was a young lad. Now, just play every now and then. Not the best at it but it is a lot of fun.

The wife and I have a set that we take to Bike Rallies every now and then.

I too, used to play a lot when I was younger. That and volleyball was always set up at our family gatherings. Later on, volleyball became the favorite and we used to have some great games in our back yard. It got so big that for awhile we had 2 games going on at once. I've been planning on building a couple of horseshoe pits and a pair of volleyball poles too. One of these days....

It has been a while (25 years) since I have been in a game of horse shoes. I used to play a lot at family reunions and get togethers. I once had a cousin toss one and it took a weird hop and started rolling while bouncing in a circular motion coming toward me. I tried to get out of the way, but it hit me right in the shin bone with the pointed end of the shoe. That hurt. I still have an indention in my left shin bone where it hit me. Its like it chipped the bone and pushed the chip into the marrow of the bone.

I've been known to throw a shoe or two. I also have pits in the backyard. I made the boxes out of 6x6 pressure treated wood. Should last a long time. Everytime we have a cookout they get used, even the kids friends get in on the action. Now that they are 21 it should get more interesting. :mrgreen:

I used to when I was younger. I must be doing it wrong because it hurts my shoulder when I play. My dad was the 1977 Horseshoe Champion in Wadsworth, IL, both singles and doubles. In doubles he and his partner won 2 perfect games in a row to clinch the title.

Popeye said:
I used to when I was younger. I must be doing it wrong because it hurts my shoulder when I play. My dad was the 1977 Horseshoe Champion in Wadsworth, IL, both singles and doubles. In doubles he and his partner won 2 perfect games in a row to clinch the title.
SWEET!!!!!

Latest posts