1989 Landau 1870fpco rebuild duck boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lrusty

Reaction score
Picked up this boat a few weeks back as a project for me my brother and farther, needed a boat that will hold some big guys for duck season and a little bass fishing.

After gutting the carpet we came to find out that the guy riveted street signs through the hull to the sides of the boat. :shock: one of the beams across the bottom needed welded and a few other little spots so we took it to a friend last weekend and got that taken care of and sanded them down to be ready for paint. After fighting the glue and finally finding something that takes it off well (wire cup) we decided we didn't want to mess with taking it all off so we decided to go to the local aircraft scrapyard here in the aircraft capital(Wichita, KS) and we found some .040 sheets they cut to size for the sides.We need to find some kind of adhesive to stick them to the signs still. All the horizontal surfaces we are going to lay down hydro turf and the other two vertical surfaces we are going to finish grinding down the glue this weekend hopefully. I saw some guys on here using the fomular 150 in the floors and we will probably go that route.

We installed some submersible led lights on the trailer, rewired and painted the trailer, as well as installed some chains. We have been looking into the styx river camo kits with the stencils, wanted to know if anyone on here has any experience with them? I also was wondering if the self-etching primer they have holds up over time or if we need to find some other bottom paint to coat it with first after properly preping it? Still need to test the rivets and epoxy the ones that leak however.

We would like to get a power tilt and steer controlled motor eventually and mount it to a center console. As it didn't have a usgc plate we called landau and they said a 40hp is the minimum they could see for their records but couldn't give us a maximum. This last weekend we also picked up a pair of bass pro 12v deep cycle batteries on sale and an ac port plug for a trolling motor. This is our first project so any advice would be very appreciated and looking forward to learning from you all.

IMG_5673.jpg
IMG_5674 (1).jpg
IMG_5675 (1).jpg
IMG_5680.jpg
IMG_5681 (1).jpg
IMG_5682.jpg
IMG_5683.jpg
IMG_5689.jpg
IMG_5690.jpg
IMG_5702.jpg

Blacksuit said:
Great looking project! I’m right down the road from you in hutch.

Oh awesome, I'm in Cheney actually even closer. Thanks, we definitely have more work to do that we first thought lol but it'll be fun and a nice boat when we're done.

Latest posts