Another Tracker rebuild! ‘88 Bass Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to some carpet work! It appears as thought I may have messed up two things. First, my lids don’t open to a full 90 degrees. They did when I had the hatches and lids off the boat, before carpet. I cut and setup each hinge individually before I installed the hatches into the deck. I think the 24 ounce carpet may be piling up between the lid and hatch, preventing them from opening all the way. It’s not a huge deal to me, but certainly less than ideal. Hopefully trimming the carpet will help.

Second, I was extra careful to make sure all of the carpet grain matched in the same direction when I was wrapping the lids. Guess I messed it up though, cause you can tell that two hatches look darker than the other two. I’ll see what it looks like in the sun when I pull the boat out tomorrow. Kinda tough to tell in the garage.

Also totally butchered my trim cut where the aft section of the deck meets the bulkhead wall. No big deal, I’ll probably clean that edge up with a piece of aluminum angle anyway.

Carpet is a lot of work!! By myself I was able to get the deck carpeted in about 2 hours, and another 1.5 to trim and glue all the hatches nice. Didn’t bother making a template, just laid down about a 2’ patch of glue and rolled the carpet into it. Then rolled each section with a rolling pin.

Overall, for my first carpet job, I’m very pleased. I love the way it looks with the vinyl in the cockpit! I cannot wait to get the back deck finished.

C91FEF46-0571-47DE-A6D4-387A7AB72927.jpeg
70821153-58A1-439A-A774-C9B6C5A9EFB7.jpeg
1F5E0F86-9AB3-44FD-8F1A-45A6B8171BB0.jpeg

Tomorrow morning I’m going to finish wiring the new trolling motor plug, and install that small vertical panel between the deck and trolling motor cap. Then it’s off to the lake! Hopefully I’ll have some pictures to post tomorrow.