14' Aroliner conversion (more pic's)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilM

Reaction score
I have an old Aroliner 14' Aluminum boat with a 54" beam. I am planning to start install a deck from the front to the middle seat area. Install 2 hatches up front one for placing the battery and one tackle locker. I am also installing an elevated seat in the middle area. Some of the idea's on this site are great and have me re-thinking my project.

Welcome to the site, and look forward to seeing your project.

It's definitely worth looking through all the mods to get as many good ideas prior to starting.

Right now the boat is under plastic upside down on the trailer until March. Here in Michigan the cars get the garage in the winter. I will take a few pics when I bring her in. I did alot of work last year as far as cleaning and painting, so this early spring is all about the conversion. Then fishing.

PhilM said:
Right now the boat is under plastic upside down on the trailer until March. Here in Michigan the cars get the garage in the winter. I will take a few pics when I bring her in. I did alot of work last year as far as cleaning and painting, so this early spring is all about the conversion. Then fishing.

Wait... why is mine stuck outside then!?

The women in this household seem to take it over this time of year :shock:

Has anyone used 3/4" MDO plywood for decking? I have used it to make exterior signs and that is what is used by the State of Michigan for some of the large traffic signs, it is all weather and comes with one or two sides with a smooth surface. :?:

I am getting the bug to get the boat inside and start. Today I picked up the angle aluminum I planned on using to make the battery trays. This weekend I hope to bring the boat in and start measuring up and drawing plans. I will post a few pictures next week. :-k

PhilM said:
Has anyone used 3/4" MDO plywood for decking? I have used it to make exterior signs and that is what is used by the State of Michigan for some of the large traffic signs, it is all weather and comes with one or two sides with a smooth surface. :?:
3/4" might be a little over kill and heavy.

I couldn't take it any longer, I dug the boat out of the snow and brought it into the garage. Have to leave the truck outside. More pics to follow.

Attachments

• _MG_4360.jpg
    _MG_4360.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 8,542
  • _MG_4361.jpg
    _MG_4361.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 8,542
I do have a question to throw out here. Do I need two (2) batteries or will one do?? 55lb Thrust Minkota, HummingBird fish finder, and ProControl foot control.

I will make a custom batt. tray for the batt(s) if needed.

Well I brought it in and I am getting ready to start. here are the before pictures. Last year I did the work on the outside and replaced the wood seats. The outside will most likely stay the same except for the graphics on the rear. I am going to remove and replace with something else. I hope to remove the seats tomorrow and pull the wiring out.

Attachments

• _MG_4362.jpg
    _MG_4362.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8,529
  • _MG_4369.jpg
    _MG_4369.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8,529
  • IMG_4365.jpg
    IMG_4365.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 8,529

Latest posts