Beggining my 14'6" fiberglass vhull project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neveraseven

Reaction score
Here is the beginning of my vhull project. I decided i wanted to customize a small fiberglass boat for use in the intercoastal waterway her in Florida.
I bought this boat and trailer for $300 and began working on it. I used pettit white bottom paint with Interlux Brightside polyurathane for the sides (only the first coat). I am going to use Blu-glo white Interlux Brightside polyurathane for the inside when I finish building it out. Check it out so far. I am still shopping for a outboard and can't decide what size to get the transom is 15" modified to 19" it was that way when I bought it. Iguess I'll need a long shaft maybe 9.9 or a 15. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
IMG_5942.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5944.JPG
    IMG_5944.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_5946.JPG
    IMG_5946.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_5950.JPG
    IMG_5950.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_5952.JPG
    IMG_5952.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_5954.JPG
    IMG_5954.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_5958.JPG
    IMG_5958.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 557
  • IMG_5959.JPG
    IMG_5959.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 557
$300!!! you cant beat that. You will definatley have to have a longshaft motor. Small tiller handle longshaft motors are not that hard to find, but I would suggest at the smallest a 15hp, that boat could easily handle a 25hp. Trust me on this, you want to go with as big a motor as the boat can handle. You dont have to use all the power all the time but it sure is nice to have it there if you need it. The paint is coming along nice, keep us up to date as you go!

rook said:
$300!!! you cant beat that. You will definatley have to have a longshaft motor. Small tiller handle longshaft motors are not that hard to find, but I would suggest at the smallest a 15hp, that boat could easily handle a 25hp. Trust me on this, you want to go with as big a motor as the boat can handle. You dont have to use all the power all the time but it sure is nice to have it there if you need it. The paint is coming along nice, keep us up to date as you go!

Ditto

Trailer looks great. Looks like a stealthy ninja trailer 8) .

Latest posts