Thoughts on this boat mod?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queencitybassman

Reaction score
https://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/1764077307.html

I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on this boat. I am thinking about purchasing it even though im in the middle of a bass tracker mod right now. I think its a good deal but dont know for sure. It has some Salt water corrosion spots on the hull that owner patched up with JB weld he said there was about 10 little spots or holes he patched up. I dont know much about JB weld or salt water corrosion but the guy claims it will hold up for a long time. The livewell is big and has a good amount of storage for a 16 foot boat. Ive been told all the electrical stuff is rigged up nicely and everything runs this just needs a motor and currently I have two. Clean titles and good trailer the model is a 1990.

I'm not all that familiar with salt water corrosion, but holes in a boat are one of my bugaboos (especially if it's more than one or two). Who knows what kind of weaknesses there are in the hull, that are waiting to be discovered when you hit a stump or beach the boat.

I'd pass.

I agree, that sounds like a good deal but excessive corrosion in boat could mean you eventually are buying a trolling motor seats and trailer for 5 bills. You should check it out in person if it is close though.

Thanks for the input guys.. I think ill stay away Id definitely prefer my tracker anyway the hull has no flaws just thought I cold snatch this one and put an outboard on it and make a buck since I have an extra 40hp mariner that needs to be sold or used.

Latest posts