1436 lowe mods starting today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtfletcher

Reaction score
glad to here you are feeling better I know it's had to get motivated to start something when you feel bad. My mother had the same thing last year took her several months to get over it. I hope to get started on mine in the next week or temps around 100 is not for me to work in.

boater1234 said:
Well i was going to start the mods on my boat a while back but i have been very sick with pneumonia for over 2mths now,it has been very hard for me to breath especially in 95 to 100 degree heat.The doctor said it might take at least another 2mths to go away [as i have been praying to God for it to go away sooner] but that is not going to stop me from getting my boat ready to fish.My motor took a poop,as the lower unit seals have dry rotted out from sitting for 10yrs but it is a minor fix i don't have the money for right now and will fix it soon.So i decided while i'm waiting i might as well get the boat done this way all i need to do is just put the motor on and run.My over all goal was to be fully ready to go fishing by fall as i hate fishing in the summer heat and the fish also hate the hot weather.The water temp is at 92 degrees right now so most of the fish are very slugish now as we get when we get really hot.

Plus who knows what is going to happen with all this oil and if they will ever get it caped,unreal all the technology we have and can't stop millions of gallons of oil for this long and they don't have a clue if it ever will get resolved.It is amazing the other day the they found the guy who runs this operation on vacation not giving a sh@@ what happens to anything or anyone,just hand a few checks out to some people and everthing is ok i guess to him.Sorry to go off course with this paragraph just had to vent on this oil deal as if they don't stop this soon the fishing,marine life will diappear and be destroyed.

The cost is between $150 and $250 to fix the problem on my motor,and the marina is fixing every seal and o ring in the lower unit for that which is a very good deal as there are over 8 seals and o rings combined in the lower unit if not more but i don't have the money as of right now as i have no job and need all the money for the house hold.

I'm doing the mods to my boat only because i have the materials,i have 20ft of marine carpet and a 4x8 sheet of plywood already treated with behrs 13yr waterproof wood stain for fences but works on any wood so it says and it repels water great to,if i get a few good yrs out of it or more i got my money's worth.I did it for a 1448 boat i had a while back and never used it so it is 5/8 plywood to use for my floor.I don't want to go crazy just a carpeted floor,carpet the seats and deck,i might do a few more mods as i will see there is only so much room to mod this boat as next yr i will be getting my ncs1648 alumacraft and the mods on that are endless.

ok here is what i will start with on day one which is monday the 21st of june.Most of u have seen it before but i will add pics as i go day by day so that is why i started a new thread,i will start on the floor today and will download the pics after i complete one thing at a time,thanks for looking and if u have any suggestions i would like to hear any.
Hello. Great to see another Lowe 1436 in here. You are modding the same boat that I just finished a few months back. I'm still thinking of and adding a few things here and there. Please feel free and ask me anything if you have any questions, also feel free and check out the pics of my boat. Good luck! I can't wait to see more pics of your progress. Take care.

Sorry to hear about your condition, is the cost of the medicine (being sick) worth the cure (not bruising or bleeding out)?

Well, with the time on your hands, how about doing it in baby steps. Set up a pop up canopy back the boat under it and tie the canopy to the boat so it can't blow away. Then you can work on the deck, just keep everything together so when you get an hour you can do more than gather up the stuff. Make lists of materials and stuff that needs done so you can have all the tools etc. in a five gallon bucket under the boat so it doesn't get wet.

Baby steps.

Jamie

boater1234

i know im a new guy around here, but i say leave the post right where it is. Your health is the #1 priority and should be. Leave your thread going as incentive to get healthy, we will wait.

Yeah, baby steps. Leave it up and do little things or at least think about the little things you can do when you're able just to keep your mind off the negative stuff. I find it helps me grind through the rough sections if I can keep my mind on making the boat better, or fishing in the evening as the sun sets and the smallies come out to play. :)

Jamie

This is my very first post on this site, but man I hope you are feeling better soon and they figure out what's wrong so you can get back at it.

Good Luck!
SB

you just had the mod fever! you buy another one and it will start all over. but seriously, i hope you get better.