'06 Lowe 1436 rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody

Reaction score
my poor boat hasn't seen water in 2 years. it's STARVING for some attention. i bought the boat and trailer new in Nov. of '05. i started to get some work done on it a few years ago, but work and other things got in the way of fishing. i put in plywood floors and carpeted plywood on the benches. mounted some rod holders, then it got parked in the yard and has been sitting ever since. my wife has been nagging at me to get on the water before i lose the rest of my marbles, so i figured it was a good time for a rebuild.

1st on the list will be pulling the floors out and plywood off the benches. then making new floor sections and carpeting them. then new carpeted plywood on the benches. im gonna build a small deck up front to mount the trolling motor on with some storage inside. and some storage in the back. new wiring, interior and nav lights. new rod holders, ect.ect.ect. i have a '60-'62 5.5 hp evinrude that will go on it eventually. most of the smaller lakes in the area are electric motor only.

anywho......here's a pic to get started.

myboat-vi.jpg

more progress pics to come......

cody.

i know it sounds odd, but my wife is very supportive when it comes to my hobbies. as long as the "other" things get taken care of too. :wink:

cody.

well, i got the floor and plywood on the benches all gutted out today. it was definately time for a rebuild. i just used thompsons water seal on the plywood and it was all rotten. what is everyone using for wood sealer? tomarrow i will get the powerwasher out and clean it out real good. then it'll be time to build.

cody.

cody said:
well, i got the floor and plywood on the benches all gutted out today. it was definately time for a rebuild. i just used thompsons water seal on the plywood and it was all rotten. what is everyone using for wood sealer? tomarrow i will get the powerwasher out and clean it out real good. then it'll be time to build.

cody.

you got a good one there, with the wood rot you had, did you store the boat outside or was it in a garage?

ckr74, the color is the factory olive green.

fishingbuds, it has been sitting outside for a couple years. that would explain the rot. it's in the garage now where it will stay.

hey guys. i cant believe its been 2 MORE years since i tried to get this project started. im getting tired of fishing from the bank so im gonna make this thing happen. i need to get some parts/supplies bought so i can get started. i have a short break from work this week so hopefully i can get something accomplished.

Mods are fine to do but really not needed.
Just put it in the water and go fishing may find you don't need any mods at all.

Zum said:
Mods are fine to do but really not needed.
Just put it in the water and go fishing may find you don't need any mods at all.

i modded this boat when it was brand new 6 years ago. 2 years ago i gutted it because the plywood was rotten and didnt get a chance to work on it. i already know what i want to do. im finally MAKING time to work on it. :wink:

cody said:
hey guys. i cant believe its been 2 MORE years since i tried to get this project started. im getting tired of fishing from the bank so im gonna make this thing happen. i need to get some parts/supplies bought so i can get started. i have a short break from work this week so hopefully i can get something accomplished.

Hey Cody I just bought the same exact boat 2 weeks ago and I'm about to start all of my modifications as well. I'm excited to see what u come up with.

I've got a 1436 /03 sLowes and I used treated plywood.. Next I painted a coat of fiberglas rosin on the deck. I covered the deck with sLowes indoor / outdoor carpet. That was in 06... The boat has sit for years in the back yard covered and uncovered since. Deck still fills stout without any sags
Ken

Latest posts