Starting my new 1436 almacraft mods.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRHOADES20

Reaction score
boater1234 said:
Man i can't sleep i have been up all night waiting to get this boat.Only 7 more hours and she's mine =D> .I think i will go get some things i need today like some 3m77 spray for the carpet.I have been told that is the best for laying carpet down.I got 7 rod holders,3 coolers one for fish,food and drinks and one for my bait that will work way better then a gravity fed livewell.I got the aeration system for the cooler for my pinfish and shrimp.I guess i just need some odds and ends for the boat.

I also want to build some sort of small deck attaching from the small deck allready there to the cooler seat,i figured since the boat is lite i can use some 2x4's since i don't need to many of them.I will use a good piece of 5/8 plywood as i won't ever be standing on it just because the wave kickup out in the gulf will make it way unstable but if it is a calm day it will be ok.I built a small crappy deck on my 1236 i had 10yrs ago and had no problems standing on it in the winter as it was calm most of the time.I figure i can use it for like my life vests and cast net,etc...Well i will post some good pics tonight with the boat and i might even start tonight on the mods.Any suggestions on the front deck would be great so let me know thanks.

Cant wait to see the pics, make sure to post them.

boater1234 said:
Ok it has been a good long weekend and first thing in the morning i'm going to get all the supplies i need to get this going today.Alot of people use staples to keep the carpet from coming up on the other side of the plywood i use stainless steel screws and washers to hold the carpet in place and it will never rust.I also use the same on the front of the plywood on top of the adhesive.I do about 3 to 4 in a row about every ft and your carpet will never come up and the screws or washers will never rust.I also do that when i recarpet my bunks and it works 100% better then any staple u can use.
Monel staples won't rust, and will install much quicker (and less costly as well), as the SS screws. Just something to consider.

boater1234 said:
Well just when i thought life couldn't get any worse,my wife just got laid off from her job after 8yrs so now we are both unemployed.Gota love it when they say the economy is getting better.

Sorry to hear that man.....

Trying to sort this out in my head. Both you and your wife are now unemployed, you're in bad health, with no insurance now, house is being foreclosed on, vehicles repo'ed, and other predicaments occuring.........and you're still buying stuff to work on a boat?
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

Waterwings said:
Trying to sort this out in my head. Both you and your wife are now unemployed, you're in bad health, with no insurance now, house is being foreclosed on, vehicles repo'ed, and other predicaments occuring.........and you're still buying stuff to work on a boat?
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

And buying a brand new outboard, on top of that.

boater1234 said:
And perchin i don't think u can read correctly as i said when i get this business really going in like 6mths to a yr i can make from $3 to $6 thousand,that means i don't make that now or even close.Maybe u should learn how to be more supportive of people instead of asking silly questions like that.I do this as a hobby i don't have to pay taxes. :lol:

:? yeah..... I clearly need to learn how to read.... I should of known by the following quotes made by you that it was a mere hobby plan :roll:

boater1234 said:
we decided to take it out and start my business with it and we took a 20% hit on but in the long run i will make that back about 100fold in a very short time.

I can make more $ every mth by myself buying and selling boats and motors then when we both worked full time together.We made a good living when we both worked full time also.I would say if i had to guess i can probally make between $3,000 TO $6,000 a mth clear money doing this business,maybe not right out of jump street but in like a 6mths to a yr with no problem.

When i buy 4 or 5 motors they are usually gone in a week so i can probally sell 15 to 20 a mth or more and i'm excited about this.

I hope I dont get into trouble with the site for replying to this thread because I absolutely LOVE this website but in my short time being a member here, this guy has posted 10 or 15 boats that he has had then sold or whatever. I wonder if he even has a boat at all or if he is just a troll. he always seems to get things stirred up when he posts.

Also I noticed in this thread alone you said your wife had worked for this company for 8 years then in the next post she had worked there for 9 years then a few posts later she was fully vested in her 401K for 10 years and it typically takes a few years to get fully vested so that would put her there at 13 to 15 years.

I'm just not buying it anymore. Your threads are quite entertaining though!!

Wow, he deleted all his posts from this thread and changed his user name.

Don't let me run you off Boater, if you really do have a boat to mod, I'm curious to see what you do with it. I'm working on a 1436 myself!!