What i have so far

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamhoytpa

Reaction score
It's certainly not done yet. Want to cover the transom and put in the storage doors for a battery and gas tank compartment...but so far i'm very happy. So here are a couple of pics from bare boat to it's current state. I just flat out couldn't deal with working on it and not fishing anymore.....so it's been on the water a couple times :mrgreen:
S7300036.jpg

S7300044.jpg

S7300042.jpg

S7300043.jpg

S7300115.jpg

So let me have it!!!!

On the bow i need to tear the trolling motor off and build a platform to make the motor permanant (right now it's rigged up just to fish). Also the plug will be mounted flush so the wires are hidden and not laying on the deck. Also need to mount the fishfinder up there.

I want to put some trim on the back of the front deck to help keep water from getting behind the plywood.

Then i want to cover the transom up with carpet and have two seat mounts back there for when i have the outboard going. Also the rear hatch for battery and gas tank and keep the wires nice and tidy. I'm also thinking of covering the side wall just for the sake of not having the ribs of the boat showing

Looks great! =D> Looking at your boat makes me want a new boat that is a little longer and wider. What make and model is that anyway?

oops....sorry weezer i forget to add that it's a 1648 smokercraft. The boat is rock solid when fishing!!!!

Very nice. I know what you mean about tired of working and ready to fish. Mine has been in the "unfinished/usable" stage for a year now. One of these days I will take time to finish.

Looks sweet! It helps when you have something good to start with like that, without having to strip everything down. (Unless you have done that already). Great job on the interior, looks sharp!

Thanks guys!! Mofro, Fortunately i didn't have to strip a darn thing!!! This boat was brand spanky new off the truck. ordered it while it was being built at the smokercraft plant :mrgreen:

I was even thinking about trying to do some extra work by doing some possible inlays on the side walls. With the black and grey carpet, and an inlay of green to compliment the army green color outside!!! That of course would just be for show but i think it would set the whole boat off!!!

ALL the wood was waterproofed!!! From the framing up to the floor. I certainly didn't want to take a chance and do it again next year. I also read that the carpet glue is waterproof as well.

Latest posts