my tinnys birthday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisch

Reaction score
hey guys

my name is mitch im from cairns australia I fishing the creeks and rivers in tropical north queensland for species like barramundi, mangrove jack and lots lots more (we are pretty luck here) this is my 4 mtr tinny i have owned it for 4 years and its time for a birthday (that and i get bored easy with the layout)
I havent been taking pictures all the way along unfortunately but ill try and remember in the future.
i look forward to hearing ur comments along the way
mitchSDC10140.JPGSDC10139.JPGSDC10138.JPG

Welcome aboard. Man that is one solid aluminum boat. What are you pushing it with? Great fraim job. It's going to feel like a new boat with all that casting room you're getting. Keep up the good work and post more pics.

i just run a 30hp suzi at the moment but i plan to one day to go up to at least a 40 possibly a 50. yeah its a really solid boat but its extreemly stable as well, 2 big guys can stand on the gunnels with out the fear of it tipping over which makes it perfect for flicking lures and the high sides gives me a sence of security when crocs come over to check me out.

Fisch,

Nice looking boat you got there. I could envision using it in my old home grounds along the inland waterways of North Carolina where I grew up. I would have loved to have such a boat to cast lures out of when I was a young man and yours would have been ideal for the purpose. Instead, we had my brother's dumpy 50's style fiberglass speed boat. Wasn't pretty, but it got the job done and we caught lots of fish out of it, except when it broke down. (My brother wasn't one for maintenance.)

Looks like your modifications are coming along well. :WELCOME: Welcome from Northeast Georgia.

Crocs? Crocs? Man. I don't know if I like the idea of being the bait. The fishing had better be double heaven for the benefit risk analysis quoata ratio thingamabob if you know what I mean. No. We fish cause we fish, it's what we do. Show us some fish pics, on the water pics etc.

just a update

i havent been able to get much done this week due to work but i started cutting the decks i recessed the electric motor foot pedal into the deck so i dont end up with a aching back everytime i go for a flick, but ill be able to remove the whole electric motor for travelling big distances.
tccanoe: im struggling to find a heap of cds i have with all my fishing photos on them but as soon as i find them ill put some of the better ones up, ill also put some up of other boats i have had in the past. One of them was glass but it was my favorite of all them the only problem with it was u cant knock it around as much as a tinny.

mitch

Attachments

• SDC10142.JPG
    SDC10142.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 2,355
  • SDC10144.JPG
    SDC10144.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 2,355
  • SDC10145.JPG
    SDC10145.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 2,355
  • SDC10143.JPG
    SDC10143.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 2,355
Hey guys and Girls

here are some pics of previous boats i have owned and modded the tinny was my first one and was well over powered. The glass hull was my favorite but was just no good for me as it couldnt be knocked around as much as a alloy hull. I found some pics too of some of the fish we get here ill post them up tonight. I hope u like!!

mitch

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,326
  • tagged2.jpg
    tagged2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,326
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,326
  • blackfish 017.jpg
    blackfish 017.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,326
  • swan lake 017.jpg
    swan lake 017.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,326
  • swan lake 007.jpg
    swan lake 007.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 2,326
Very nice fleet of boats.
Different looking trailer under that first aluminum,are the bunks some type of plastic or is that just blue carpet?

Thanks fellas
the trailer is a off the shelf type i just changed a few things here and there.
The bunks are type of 4x2 inch teflon plank its perfect for the job cause being teflon is slide brilliantlyand all u have to do is sneeze and the boat launches its self. I set all my boats up so that the bunks are just there to stabalise the hull and the keel rollers take the weight. I learnt this the hard way driving on a badly corrogated road and ended up cracking the chine on the alloy boat cause the bunks were carrying too much weight.

fisch said:
Thanks fellas
the trailer is a off the shelf type i just changed a few things here and there.
The bunks are type of 4x2 inch teflon plank its perfect for the job cause being teflon is slide brilliantlyand all u have to do is sneeze and the boat launches its self. I set all my boats up so that the bunks are just there to stabalise the hull and the keel rollers take the weight. I learnt this the hard way driving on a badly corrogated road and ended up cracking the chine on the alloy boat cause the bunks were carrying too much weight.

Interesting......This is the first time I've heard someone here say "....the bunks were carrying too much weight". I thought that is what was supposed to happen? :-k

I removed the keel rollers in the process of redoing my trailer. Sounds like a bad move.

yeah mate as far as i know if the boat has a keel its the strongest part of the boat and therefore should carry the load. flat bottom boats it doesnt matter. to be honest though the road i took the boat on and cracked the chine was terrible. Ill see if i can find any more info on it.

Hey, Mitch, welcome to the U.S. (virtually speaking). We've been seeing some trolling motor imports from you guys, lately - Watersnake trolling motors. Any comments regarding quality/durability ?

the watersnakes are not a bad entry level trolling motor and i have heard mixed reports but i think on the whole most people are very happy with them. Alot of the blokes in my fishing club have minnkotas and i have actually heard of more problemswith them then the watersnakes. i had one on a boat a while ago and found it quite alright however i prefer the cable drive motor guides for there simplisity and the speed u can chage direction.

Wow, fast response. Usually, at this time of day, hardly anybody is on here except me. But, I guess the sun is shining where you are. I've been thinking of getting one of the Watersnakes for my build, and I think you just clinched the decision. Thanks for the input. You've been sending great pics, by the way.

got a lil more done on the boat today. Its starting to come together, now i have the painful job of sealing all the timber. Not sure if im going to do a rear deck anymore as its all weight and im usually fishing on my own anyway.
sorry bout the pics not sure what went wrong there

Attachments

• SANY0083.JPG
    SANY0083.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,221
  • SANY0085.JPG
    SANY0085.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,221
  • SANY0086.JPG
    SANY0086.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,221
tccanoe said:
Crocs? Crocs? Man. I don't know if I like the idea of being the bait. The fishing had better be double heaven for the benefit risk analysis quoata ratio thingamabob if you know what I mean. No. We fish cause we fish, it's what we do. Show us some fish pics, on the water pics etc.

LOL....yeah its more fun when there are things that can eat you back. Come on down to FL I'll show ya. I love the rivers and swamps here!

Bufford in Orlando