New to this Website and Forum!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpotter

Reaction score
Several months ago, I purchased a 1436 Montgomery Ward Seaking and thought about fixing it up.......After looking at several modifications on this site, I think I will definately do this.......before I get started, How is the 36 inch width stability-wise? I have never had this boat in the water...I just dont want to spend alot of money and time and be dissatisfied....By the way, I just gave $300 for the boat, trailer and a 2.2 horse 1960 evinrude that runs awesome..Also, any advice is greatly appreciated......Les

1436's arent the most stable boats on the water by any means, but they are perfect for fishing alone. If you will have more than one person in the boat it will become a little more difficult. The most important think to remember when building your mod and packing gear and such in, KEEP THE WEIGHT CENTERED. =D> Good luck with this, looks as if you got everything for a great price. I would say go for it! :popcorn: :beer:

I just finished a tracked 1436 and found that the added weight actually improved the stability somewhat. I've not yet endured a hefty wake while sitting on the tall seat on the front deck, but I think it's going to be okay. My son and I (he's 5'10" 160, I'm 6' 185) were able to stand up and trade places, front to back, without issue. This is something we'd have never attempted in my earlier jon, a narrower 12'.

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your project.

This is my 1436 Sea King duck hunting jon.

Attachments

• IMG_5603.JPG
    IMG_5603.JPG
    903.9 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_5417.JPG
    IMG_5417.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 632
  • IMG_5419.JPG
    IMG_5419.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 632

Latest posts