Derek's Tracker TX-17 rebuild

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
Derek

Post by Derek »

I don't remember the brand of carpet I got but it was thicker then standard. It makes the hatches hard to open at times but not to bad.
If I were to do it over again I would add the anti-fatigue padding under the carpet on the front deck, like the newer boats have. Similar to https://www.protechmats.com/

reward77

Post by reward77 »

Derek,

Great info, so appreciate all the posts! Quick question: I have an '89 Tracker and I'm staring at the riveted maze that is the rear deck and wondering how much trouble it is to get out. I'm concerned I have drainage issues under the rear deck due to foam blocking channels as others have suggested. Any words of wisdom on how to efficiently get access to the floor under the rear deck by taking as little apart as possible? I notice some of the pieces are riveted to the side of the boat also.

Thanks,
Rob

Derek

Post by Derek »

Rob unfortunately there isn't really a short cut. To get to the foam underneath you really have to take it all apart. Seating area and livewell can stay but otherwise its all holding down the floor of the battery/gas compartment

Dishconnect06

Post by Dishconnect06 »

Derek I'm starting on mine today so I may have questions for you shortly if you don't mind