Decatur's 16' Alumacraft Plans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decatur

Reaction score
I don't have access to my boat ATM, but this forum has got my juices flowing to continue a build I started 3 years ago. I completely tore down, sandbalsted and painted my trailor. New winch, rims/tires, roller bunks, hubs, guide ons, toungue latch and lights. I then gutted my boat and bought aluminum angle and sheet, seats, pedestals, carpet, 20hp Johnson, 46# TM, Garmin Fish Finder, anchors and Anchor Mates, and that's where I stopped. I had money issues which put it on hold. Then my buddy who was going to help build it needed the aluminum for his business, so since I was on hold anyways, I let him use it. Needless to say, he never replaced it, and he moved away. Long story. So anyways, here are my current plans for my build. I'm currently unemployed, but I'm praying that will change very soon. So I'm still kind of in limbo. Maybe you guys could look it over and offer any suggestions you might have? I like the idea of using ACM as a deck material, just waiting to here some reports on how it performs as decking. Thanks for looking!

4c3632ba.jpg

P.S.- My boat is 16' long, and 66" wide at the top of the gunwales.

Thanks! Like I said, I'm in limbo, so it will be a while, but I will definately be posting here when it gets underway.

I just noticed you are from Decatur, IN.

I grew up in Celina, OH on Grand Lake St. Mary's. I have canoe'd right through Decatur on the St Mary's river. Done a lot of canoeing on the Maumee river, Auglaize River, Little Miami and the Miami Earie Canals as well. We used to float down the St Mary's River from St Mary's Ohio towards Rockford or Wilshire and shoot squirrels with 22's. There used to be some really nice Carp in there too. It was great! Everyone would always flock to the lake in the summer. We would head for the rivers in the summer because that water was low and carp and catfish would get stuck in the pools and we would shoot em with BB guns and bows. I was about 12 or 13. Man I loved being in the woods as a kid....Wait... I still do!

I always wanted to get a little jon boat and in the spring when the water has filled the St Mary's, Auglaize, and Wabash rivers just head upstream and see how far I can get. I would love to run a little 1448 jet up the St Mary's river.

Those are some fun past times! As far as the jet boat goes, as long as it can run in as little as 6" of water you'll be alright. Unless you go after a good rain. Otherwise you'll be dragging your boat a few tiimes. BTDT! :D

Seeing where you are from I can't help but wonder if you worked for Formula.

I've considered coming down there for a tour and trying to work out a deal that would make it worth me driving that far for work...

Nope. I never have. They go thru a lot of lay offs due to the nature of their business. I have a few friends and relatives that work there tho.

My dad tells me all the rivers back home are waaay over there banks right now. The Wabash, St Marys, and Auglaize.

Get your boat together and hit that water man! When the carp, and catfish go over the banks and get trapped in the woods in small pools its easy pickins.... Bowfishing on foot hahaha.

Or you could just get some hip waders and wait for the water to go down till its safe to walk around in there an get em. Bowfishing on foot hahaha. or take a 22 and do some squirrel and catfish hunting at the same time!

I like the layout. Lots of room to walk around.

Aren't most tiller handles on the left side?

Latest posts