14' LOWES JON BOAT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPALA

Reaction score
THIS WHAT I STARTED WITH
IMAG0003.jpg

THIS IS AFTER I PUT ON THE ALUM, DECK.THERE IS A CREASE WERE I ADDED THE DECK,THERE IS DRY STOREAGE IN IT.
FISHINGGEAR047.jpg

THIS THE ALUM.FLOOR I PUT IN IT.IT 2" FORM INSULATION BETWEEN THE RIBS.
FISHINGGEAR053.jpg

FINSHED PRODUCT THIS HAS BEEN FOR 5 YEARS NOW
B-2006.jpg

BOAT007.jpg

THIS BOAT HAS.
1-GPS-FISHFINDER
1-REG.FISHFINDER ON THE DECK
2-TROLLING MOTORS (FRONT&BACK)
4-ROD HOLDERS(2 FRONT & 2BACK)
2-BATTERYS
ACHOR MATE(FRONT & BACK)
TROLLING PLATE
MINI-JACKPLATE
25 HP. 3CYL. 2 STROKE JOHNSON

THESE PICTURE WERE TAKEN WHEN IT WAS DIRTY.IT GET USE JUST FOR WALLEYE AND SAUGER FISHING.

I LIKE IT THE ONLY THING SOMETIME I HAVE CRANK THE MOTOR UP ON THE FRONT ONE TO GET LOSE IN SWIFT WATER.IT GOOD FOR CURRENT FISHING.ANCHOR DOWN WHEN YOU WANT TO MOVE DOWN JUST A LITTLE TURN ON THE KNOB AND MOVE DOWN.

IT BEAT GRABBING THE ROPE WITH YOU HAND ON STRAINING TRYING TO PULL UP THE ANCHOR.

RAPALA said:
I LIKE IT THE ONLY THING SOMETIME I HAVE CRANK THE MOTOR UP ON THE FRONT ONE TO GET LOSE IN SWIFT WATER.IT GOOD FOR CURRENT FISHING.ANCHOR DOWN WHEN YOU WANT TO MOVE DOWN JUST A LITTLE TURN ON THE KNOB AND MOVE DOWN.

IT BEAT GRABBING THE ROPE WITH YOU HAND ON STRAINING TRYING TO PULL UP THE ANCHOR.

I have a small mushroom anchor and it does not keep the boat in place on windy days. I like that style of anchor you got. My boat is 16 feet long.

I HAD A MUSHROOM ON IT WHEN I FIRST FIX IT SAME TROUBLE AS YOU COULD NOT HOLD IT STILL.THAT 12 LB.RIVER ANCHOR SETTLED IT DOWN.I WISH THEY MADE THEM IN 10LB. BUT THAT 12 LB. WILL DO.

I think Scott was asking if you had any pictures during the build process like the decking, bracing carpet install...stuff like that that shows the progress of the job you did start to finish.

I THOUGHT I DID BUT I DONT.IHAVE PICTURE OF THE TRAILER THAT I FIX FOR IT.I MUST HAVE BEEN TO BIG OF A HURRY TO GET ON THE WATER.BUT IF HE NEEDS PICTURE OF THE BRACING I CAN TAKE SOME CLOSE UP AND POST THEM.

the pics of the bracing is mainly what im after especially how the deck braces attatch too the sides of the hull and details of the bracing around the pedastal seats

HERE ARE THE PICTURES.

1-WERE THE NEW & OLD DECK MEET
G-6001.jpg

2- SPACE BETWEEN LIVEWELL & NEW DECK
G-6002.jpg

3-THE GOLENRULE LAYING ON THE DECK SHOWS THE START OF THE NEW DECK
G-6003.jpg

4-ANGLE ON PED.
G-6005.jpg

5-OVER ALL VIEW& ALUM. BRACES THEY CAN BE SMALLER.I REALLY NEED TO CUT THEM DOWN SOME BUT AT THE TIME I WAS MAKING SURE THE FLOOR DID NOT MOVE.
G-6006.jpg

6-ALUM. REMOVEABLE FLOOR
G-6012.jpg

7-SHOWS THE STAINLESS STEEL PIANO HINGE
G-6013.jpg

8-SHOWS BACK PART REVITED TO THE RIB
G-6014.jpg

9-COMPLETTE PED.OVER VIEW
G-6015.jpg

10-OVER ALL VIEW OF THE DECK
G-6016.jpg

11-OVER ALL VIEW.
G-6020.jpg

IF YOU NEED ANY MORE PICTURES LET ME KNOW.THE COMPARTMENT STAYS REAL DRY.

THANKS!
I HAVE DONE 2 MORE BOAT SOMTING LIKE THIS ONE.I CUSTOM BUID THE OTHER BOATS THE WAY OTHERS WANTED THEM.I WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS FOR A LIVING.I USE TO DO MILLWIRGHT WORK.THAT ALL I DONE WAS FAB. & WELD I AM RETIRED NOW.I WOULD LOVE TO GO AROUND AND HELP OTHER PEOPLE WITH THERE PROJECTS.

I USED TO BUILD RACE CAR FRAME & ROLL BARS.PUT SHEET METAL IN THE CARS.ON THE SIDE.

rapala thats exactly what i was looking for love the pedastal seat mounts did you adress the loss of flotation from removing your seats i think by putting flotation under the flooring i will more than make up for the amount under the seats

Latest posts