project cheap skate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapskate

Reaction score
Hello, all just found this site and its great i am putting a 11ft coleman crawdad back on the water on a budget. shopping around for everything and in the process taking an old mod-v to the grave yard <<-----sorry but the v hull is in bad shape and i cant tow it with the vw rabbit. so here it goes pics and prices to follow

coleman craw dad 175.00
diesel tow rig 250.00 (diesel vw rabbit)
mod-v and trailer 100.00
credit from scrap yard for the mod-v -61.00
used optima yellow top (free gift!!!)
prowler 50 lb trolling motor 159.00
gift cards for bass pro -50.00
trailer light kit harbor freight 9.99
used motor guide trolling motor for bow 50.00
deep cycle battery sams club 79.99

first bass in the boat price less!!!!

more to come later with pics

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,457
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,450
  • phpJC3J4oPM[1].jpg
    phpJC3J4oPM[1].jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 1,433
  • IMAG0089-1.jpg
    IMAG0089-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,214
Hey Cheapskate. Welcome to TinBoats. Very funny name you have there. Made me laugh as I feel like a cheapskate often.

I was out last Friday and saw a guy running the lake with a crawdad. Just him, his gear and a trolling motor. He was really scooting across the water faster than I ever imagined he could. Impressive little rig.

We love pictures, so make sure you post your progress on this project.

VW Rabbit Diesel - $250!! I'd love that deal.

Most frugal projects are best served by elbow grease and creative thinking. Building/fixing stuff instead of buying, and finding solutions through intellect are huge money savers.

Nice project! A fine example of top shelf fun at bargain basement prices.

I used to have a VW diesel. :LOL2:

I was 18 years old at the time. The thing died right in front of an all girls high school while maybe 30-40 of them were waiting for the bus. I wanted to die. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Jim said:
I used to have a VW diesel. :LOL2:

I was 18 years old at the time. The thing died right in front of an all girls high school while maybe 30-40 of them were waiting for the bus. I wanted to die. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

You mean you didn't purposely run out of gas so you could make out? Oh wait...you need the girl with you for that don't you. #-o :LOL2:

how it started and in the process of making it a bit more pitch friendly. front deck weighs in at 41 pounds and since i am trying to rebuild a small outboard i will delete a battery that was in the front that weighed in at 36 pounds so i only added 5 pounds to the front!! also please don't worry the deck is only seven inches high and was even pitching from the original plastic deck lol so this will be no problem also the boat measures out at 11/37 so that helps will be adding more later. working now to restore some bracing with out having a cross bar to step over!!!! ******attn mods please move this thread to the build section as this will be a full build from end to end thanks***

Attachments

• IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,203
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,203
  • IMAG0107 - Copy 90.jpg
    IMAG0107 - Copy 90.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 1,196

Latest posts