My semi v sterling 1408 *COMPLETE MAY 2013*

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
thatkidhugo
Posts: 47
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 20:46
8
Location: Toronto, Canada

My semi v sterling 1408 *UPDATED 13/01/13*

Post by thatkidhugo »

Sandbags? Nope, no sandbags in mine.. just some styrofoam. Im not sure why there would be sandbags.

Finally.. PROGRESS!!!

Got the deck templates cut out, just need 1 more hatch for the battery at the bow. Will be picking up some vinyl soon.

Image
Image

TxTightLiner
Posts: 112
Joined: 21 Dec 2012, 08:50
7
Location: Central,Tx

My semi v sterling 1408 *UPDATED 13/01/13*

Post by TxTightLiner »

Lookin good!!
I have a similar boat that I am planning a mod on , Ill be following your Post,

thatkidhugo
Posts: 47
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 20:46
8
Location: Toronto, Canada

My semi v sterling 1408 *UPDATED 07/05/2013*

Post by thatkidhugo »

Finally!!! Paint is complete.

Before primer, I pressure washed and scrubbed the boat with some dish washing soap. Made sure I got every spot. I let it air dry, scrubbed with acetone and began the tedious primer job.

This is the paint I used: https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for- ... vs=0&tab=2

I hope I made a good choice with the zinc chromate/paint combo.
Attachments
Glue and staples... Boring job zZzZz<br /><br />I got a great deal on the same carpet they use on Tracker boats! Lets see how it holds up.
Glue and staples... Boring job zZzZz

I got a great deal on the same carpet they use on Tracker boats! Lets see how it holds up.
Carpet complete and hatches fit snug. I ended up going with 3 hatches. The one up at the bow is for my trolling motor battery, the other 2 are for storage.
Carpet complete and hatches fit snug. I ended up going with 3 hatches. The one up at the bow is for my trolling motor battery, the other 2 are for storage.
Strong stuff! I think I used a total of 10 or 11 cans to do the whole boat twice.
Strong stuff! I think I used a total of 10 or 11 cans to do the whole boat twice.
Boat after first coat of primer. The second coat covered up alot more.
Boat after first coat of primer. The second coat covered up alot more.
Paint complete! I rolled on 3 good coats of either colour. I pray that this paint holds up.<br /><br />The boat has been baking in the sun since Sunday.
Paint complete! I rolled on 3 good coats of either colour. I pray that this paint holds up.

The boat has been baking in the sun since Sunday.

User avatar
manley09
Posts: 49
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 19:27
9
Location: ND
Contact:

My semi v sterling 1408 *UPDATED 07/05/13*

Post by manley09 »

Nice job looks good. Are you going to paint the inside of the boat too?
Saving for a Ranger bass boat...until then...

Image
12' Alumacraft (V-hull) Build To Bass Boat!

thatkidhugo
Posts: 47
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 20:46
8
Location: Toronto, Canada

My semi v sterling 1408 *UPDATED 07/05/13*

Post by thatkidhugo »

So the boat is complete, and I dont think I could have done it without the help of the people on here. Thanks everyone. I wish I had pictures of my transom being done and my wiring but I dont. I used 2 peices of 3/4in marine ply with 3 coats of 2 part epoxy, I had to install one of the inside and one on the outside pinching the aluminum because I couldnt get both to fit on the inside.

The 9.9 merc (with a bigger carb :P ) and hydrofoil put the boat on plane quite well. I clocked in at 16mph with my self, my gf, all my gear, 2 batteries, that heavy plywood/carpet and the tm.

I have taken it on the water 4 times now and everything has gone smoothly. Exceptionally stable to :lol: I was up front on the tm standing all day with my gf standing/sitting and no problems.

Any questions, please ask.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

Post Reply