I LIKE THIS SIMPLE DECK MOD.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotshotinn

Reaction score
I found this mod on another site,it is not my idea so I con not take credit for it.I like it as it is very simple and can be removed if wanted, all one would have to do is run a few bolts through the aluminum tread plate deck and into the gunwhale
IMG_0207.JPG

the man said this boat is a 14 footer, and with the raised front deck it would fish like a bigger one.,If one wanted to add a recessed trolling motor box it could be done easy seeings how one would be working with tread plate.The man ran some aluminum angle in some spots across the boat for support, simple mod for sure.
how you guys like it?

I was thinking about looseing things overboard to_One would have to use bungee cords for strapping rods down or one could add a raised edge onit allso.I am going to have to say i like this front deck mod better than all others i have seen so far on the mods forums =D>

Here is a pic of mine and it was simple to do and nothing will slide off. I'm sure I have as much if more room plus it looks better.

https://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee471/TTSam/P1000630.jpg

nice but i am wanting to say away from wood the price factor of buying aluminum mite be the desideing factor

hotshotinn said:
nice but i am wanting to say away from wood the price factor of buying aluminum mite be the desideing factor
HSTinn, Try to find a local aluminum screen company that would order a sheet of DP for you if that's
the way you want to go. I got lucky, 4 x 10 x 1/16 was $125 delivered, it is not cheap and I'm approaching the third sheet. Wood can be as light and far cheaper. MHO....Jerry

what is DP?I looked on the internet with no results.the price you state for a sheet is good and i interested.can you tell me more about DP

hotshotinn said:
what is DP?I looked on the internet with no results.the price you state for a sheet is good and i interested.can you tell me more about DP
Diamond Plate.

Hey Lckstckn2, I was just curious, what are you cutting your plate with? saw or plasma ? Are you bolting or welding your peices together? I like the lower deck ,seems like it would be better balanced for a 14' x48" or narrower boat, while the higher design with better visibility would work great on wider or longer boats.

Latest posts