Been a while, added a stereo.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt. Stiglitz

Reaction score
Got tired of having to drag a boom box or going without toons so I got on Amazon and bought one of the Pyle PLMRKIT102 In-Dash Marine AM/FM PLL Tuning Radio with USB/SD/MMC Reader, 6.5-Inch Speakers, Stereo Cover, and USB Drive and installed it in the boat. Had to make a new front piece for the speakers and stereo. I first installed the cover to flip down, but after thinking about it and how the girlfriend is, I turned it the other way. She would have busted it off in no time! #-o Stereo works fine, after letting it run in the drive for a bit, it's ready for the lake!

DSCN8158.jpg

DSCN8148.jpg

DSCN8162.jpg

DSCN8159.jpg

DSCN8160.jpg

Heres the little 15HP out on the lake........
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21722
What I started with...........
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15880

That is a great looking boat! Pretty sure I will be copying a lot of what you have done when I redo my 16ft seafarer.

I need to get a stereo like that ... We've been using an mp3 player plugged into a little amplifier plugged into some old stereo speakers.

Novicaine said:
I need to get a stereo like that ... We've been using an mp3 player plugged into a little amplifier plugged into some old stereo speakers.
I don't even have that, I have an annoying best friend who hates fishing but insists he bring his guitar. Fish don't like crappy acoustic cover bands...

The stereo and speakers isn't very big. The Stereo protrudes to the rear maybe 2/1/2-3" and the speakers are about the same. The stereo does not have a CD in it. It's a AM-FM, it has a AUX plug for an MP3/Kindle and it has a USB/SD/memory card reader in it. It's light too. I think it has one curcuit board in it. It really didn't take up much room. When I built the boat, I planned to stick one up in the front but didn't do it in the first build. The new carpeted section isn't heavy, most of the wood is cut out for the speakers and the stereo. There are two watertreated 2X2"s behind the new carpeted cover to support it and the front deck. The old section fit under the elevated bow and helped to support it. I took a heavy zip lock bag and enclosed the back of the radio to keep it dry, anything but a sinking isn't going to get the radio wet. Because of the speakers, the new front section had to go in front of, not under the bow section, like the grey panel to the right of it. If the speakers had been 4" instead of 6 1/2" I could have made it look neater. I can always find smaller speakers later and remake a new front cover if I need to. :oops: And I almost passed on that motor because I didn't want the hassle of a battery and electric start when I found that 1989 Evinrude 15 HP Model E15ECEC.................It's fun to watch people when I launch it, push a button and start it and take off......
DSCN8161.jpg

From what it started out as, I had the old 6HP Johnson, I got a trolling motor, battery and oars with it........Added new fenders, rewired the trailer,new wheels and tires, new bearings, lots of new stainless hardware........New transome, Bimini, etc.... [-o<
101_0731.jpg

101_0730.jpg

101_0728.jpg

This boat reminds me of my sears boat I fished outa throughout highschool, I had a 15hp on it, and it was called the bass intimidator...it's funny everytime I go visit my parents we see the guy that bought it from me fishing in the same lake I used to fish on...nice build! How does that stero work for you?

Hi...you did a great job with your conversion. I especially like the interior design mods and storage. What's the beam on yours? Mine is about 50" if I remember right. What's your boat rated for max. weight? My USGG plate is missing and I'd like to know what mine is. I want to do a Bimini top as well...you've definitely got the right idea with your boat. Thanks for posting your link...your boat looks really good.

Nice setup! As soon as I saw the first pic, I said to myself "that has to be Tucson"! I would love to see your setup, as I am contemplating putting a bimini top on my boat, but have no experience with them. If you're willing to show it off, I'd like to see for myself what I might expect for my ole 18' Duracraft.

I'm on the southeast side, Rita Ranch. Let me know.

Thanks!

PatinAz

I'm off till July 15. I'm on the NW side. Ina and Oracle. I took it out once to Arivaca lake when I first bought it and almost fried myself and the dog. Bare aluminum is HOT! Even after it was decked, you still needed something over head.

I got your PM, and will shoot you an email if I find myself at Sporstsman Warehouse soon. If you're looking for bass at Roosevelt, I had real good luck recently with a watermelon colored worm, texas rigged, thrown smack in the middle of the trees right off shore. The bite was best from 0430 till 0900, and it just got too hot after that! Another reason I'm looking into a bimini!

Latest posts