Jon boat vs V hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saggyman

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a 12' - 14' Jon boat mainly a Tracker Topper or an aluminum v-hull.

I want to build a front and rear casting deck and use this mainly for bass fishing. How is stability on these setups and what does everyone recommend?

The jon I found is https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3418

46" beam

Would this work good with a front and rear deck and maybe a bow mount trolling motor?

The beam is not the width. The 1232 has a width of 32" and it is not going to be ideal for the applicaiton you are looking to use it for. Simply, it's too unstable and has a low carring capacity and you will be taking a bath if you plan on standing for long periods in a 1232. If it is in your price range look at the 1448 welded or at a minimal the 1542 rivited.

That's a little out of my price range.

I want a rear and front deck for 2 ppl to fish

If you do not deck those boats all the way to the top you will be OK - that extra 4-6" will not help you catch more fish anyway

I just want it flat to walk on and some storage compartments. Also I want a bow mount trolling motor and a rear motor.

Will a false floor on a 1232 work good for standing?

No.

Draw a couple of lines 32" wide on garage floor and stand in them to get an idea. I have a 1242 and while I love it, it can be a bit tippy with just me (230lbs.)

I guess I'll shootfor a 1448 mod V / tracker grizzly.

Will that be suitable for two people on a deck?

yes a grizzly is just fine with two people standing and fishing.....just learn how to move on it.....sudden movements or too much movements and you might be swimming.....i have a grizzly 1448 and it works well with me and my brother fishing out of it....im 210 and he is 250 or so.....front deck from the factory is ok but i am extending mine this winter....the back bench seat works ok as well but i am also going to extend it a bit this winter but can't really do much since mine is a console steer....

Latest posts