1978 sylvan 14ft project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiderman0423

Reaction score
I have a 1960 playking( Cant find who its made by)14 ft-V that was in about the condition and a pleasure to redo,looking forward to seeing your build

It looks alot like mine, a seabreeze, but yours seems to have a kind of transom addition/jackplate on it. You can see the additional transom brace above the 'original' one.

Well today I got the registration done got it power washed and filled it with water.............no leaks. After that was done headed to menards and got all the major stuff I need. I'll probably have to make some trips for smaller stuff. Tomorrows list starts with removing the transom and straightening the couple of dents once that's done it's time to start stripping the paint.

I have to reload my pics. Had an issue with my account....i had a pretty productive day today. Started out straightening the bent rail. Once that was done I removed the old transom wood which was a terrible job and took a few hours but it's out and ready for a brand new piece of wood. Next up is stripping the paint. I started that tonight hoping to be done tomorrow or Saturday. Once that is done its time to start building the floor. Once the paint is stripped its all down hill. Can't wait to start construction.

Here's what I started with

f7147e3b.jpg

Here a few shots of the deconstruction

2d622f55.jpg

4fb8e5d7.jpg

091a50ff.jpg

The strip down continues removing paint and a picture of the transom removed. Coming along nicely.

ba913a4d.jpg

b4a18d49.jpg

Does anyone know of a good aluminum cleaner....before prepping for paint I want to clean it.

I'm on the hunt for card board big enough to make my floor patterns.

jellio5 said:
Does anyone know of a good aluminum cleaner....before prepping for paint I want to clean it.

I'm on the hunt for card board big enough to make my floor patterns.
I'm wondering where to find big cardboard also.

I'm just gonna use acetone.I'm pretty sure that's what everybody uses.

I got some big cardboard pieces at my local Lowes. They were happy to give it away.

I'm going to check the local appliance store u heard they may have some. Finish stripping paint tomorrow and make the transom.

Finally got all the paint off today. It's looking better all the time. Got the new transom made just needs to be painted. Tomorrow's project is to get the rear seat done then it's time to start on the floor.

376523b6.jpg

92293b28.jpg

376523b6.jpg

9d1493b4.jpg

Didn't get much done today. Tomorrow should be more productive. I did manage to get a few of the floor supports made and got the transom painted. Hoping to get more done tomorrow.

Yesterday was a productive day and today should be to. I'm going to finish the front deck today and possibly get it painted will have to see how far I get. I put a clear epoxy bar top coat on my transom. Got the bilge pump installed as well. Need to install my transducer as well today.

5dd8d5a8.jpg

Getting the floor in

f5dfbedc.jpg

3d7c8964.jpg

32284753.jpg

Made some real progress today the floor and decking is done. I'll have some pics tomorrow morning it's looking good. Tomorrows projects will be to run wires for my electrical stuff then prep for paint and hopefully get it painted. After that I'll make my storage lockers then put the carpet on I might be ready for sea trials sooner rather than later.

Doing electrical today on finishing the back seat hopefully be ready for paint later tonight.

Here is the completed deck and floor. I have to get one more can of spray foam to finish.

2a3da86a.jpg

af03148a.jpg

64a0bd94.jpg

869cb390.jpg

eb2ed7d7.jpg

cefffaad.jpg

ede5e099.jpg

Got it primed and painted tonight tomorrow is carpet and storage and get the transom in once that's done I'll finish the electrical.

bf146446.jpg

0c3e1ffa.jpg

ba1b4e1b.jpg

137948a0.jpg

7fa58a3d.jpg

Latest posts